Tuesday, January 1, 2008

and a Happy New Year!!!



We had a spectacular New Year in Idaho. We had not been in a while so we decided to take an extended trip, more than just the weekend!!! Matt and Sondi and their kids were the perfect hosts. We hardly saw Ellie and Tess because they were down stairs playing the Wii that the Idaho Butikofer's got from Santa!!! (They must have been very good kids!) Although I did catch Tim "tending" Kaleb a time or two with the Wii remote in hand. Plus I could not leave out that I tried it ONCE and posted the highest score on the baseball hitting game. 10 years of being a PE teacher paid off. Tim however did not like it that I had to keep reminding everyone who had the highest score. ( I know that the McNeils will understand why!) We also had a miraculous New Year's Eve. Tim and Matt stayed up way past mid-night and I stayed in control when I was not winning the board game. Sondi and I had planned a finger food buffet and we ate ourselves silly or shall I saw jolly like Santa. Mia decided she was no longer potty trained and pooped her pants EVERYDAY! She would never tell me, she would always tell Sondi because she doesn't get mad. I will say that since we have been home for 5 hours she has gone to the bathroom twice and acts like she never had an accident. The girls had a sleep over at Grandma Janis' and they scored some great costume jewelery that she had saved of her mom's. Who need Christmas presents when you can have awesome treasures like that!!! I have made a few New Year's resolutions and I hope that I have not set my self up for disappointment. However I just want my brother and sisters and parents to know that "Monica"is still in charge and that will never change! Happy New Year!!!






11 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Oh, "Monica" we just let you think you are in charge because the rest of us don't want to do EVERYTHING! I am glad that you had a great New Year's and I am very glad that you are home with us now.

Jan said...

I can't believe I missed the Big party!! Hopefully next year I will get to stay for the BIG BASH!! Tari said you guys stayed up until 2 A.M. You totally know I would have made it, right? We love you and it was soooo good to see you!!!

Billie Sue said...

Wew missed you guys so much, but we are glad you had so much fun. Families are great and it's nice to be able to spend that time together building and enhancing what is already established. Luke and Noah will be so glad to see the girls again!

Kati said...

Glad you had a good new years!
Welcome home!!!
Kati

Chelsea Johnson said...

Sounds like it was a blast! That little Mia Louise--what can ya do? I don't think we've ever spent a new year's together, so maybe we should start planning for next year!

Staci said...

I'm glad you had a great New Years. The pictures are so cute. I can't get enough of your cute girls.

Giselle Rasheta said...

I love the pics...sounds like you guys had a ton of fun up there. Now you need to post a picture of Tess's hair...

The Cox Family said...

Great pictures! I am glad you guys had a wonderful time up in Idaho, and made it home safely. Sorry about Mia's potty training issue. Kids are so funny. I always wonder what is going through their mind and why they do the things they do!

McNeil Family said...

Wait, is your new years resolution to remain in charge? That would be like the sky resolving to stay blue. So it takes cousins in order for you to bring those girls to see us? I will plan your visit in 6 months.

Anonymous said...

When did you get to be so competitive? Must have been a prenatal thing. I can remember that as a 3 year old girl, you could hang on the tricky bar longer than any boy in the neighborhood and that you would run with me around the roads at Fort Carson. You have always been "Monica" even when there wasn't a Rachel, Phoebe or Ross around. Please don't think that anyone in the family resents you for being you. We all love you for what and who you are and are maybe a little jealous of all that you do. We love you "Mon" keep planning those parties!!!!!!!!!! <(That was for Chelsea)

Anonymous said...

I'm loving this monica thing. Is this new or something I've been missing out on? It's way better than Martha!