Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!!


I will just start by saying, I will never compare to my mother and this tribute is evidence of that but it is the thought that counts!!!


There is a mother name Billie Sue; who raised six kids, some dogs and a husband too.

She works each day and gives all that she's got; teaching, cooking, care-giving, signing, farming, incorporating and what not.

She can plan any event in a minute or two; with all her kids help we know what to do.

Raising six kids, sometimes on her own, she did great; her "grands" she adores-Ellie, Luke, Tess, Mia, Noah, Jack, Boy named "Sue", baby G will make eight.

The example she has set makes it easy on us- to show love for our Savior because it's a must!

The land of Woodland is where she calls home, she has built a legacy of tradtions for her kids who are grown.

The love of her life she meet really young, their time as empty-nesters has only begun.

A woman so happy her joy is contagious, I'm grateful this day for the things that she gave us.

So on this day when you stop to remember, give praise to our mother forever and ever!

7 comments:

Billie Sue said...

Dear Daugahter - Thank you so very much! I am touched by your poetry, filled with love and kind words. Again, I shall say how thankful I am to my Heavenly Father for the beautiful children He has blessed me with -- and my grandchildren as well! I don't think it possible that there are any better children any where. Thank you all for being so great! Thank you, Billie Sue for such a beautiful tribute put together with so much love and thoughtfulness!

Unknown said...

Ok, who is the photographer? All of the pics I have seen lately are great. Billie Jo, I know I dont have to tell you, but you have incredible parents. They have been very special to me even before I became part of this "Mcneil/Averett" family. You are very lucky! They are great!

McNeil Family said...

What a wonderful tribute to mom. Great work Billie Jo. And a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you mom!

Sophie said...

Im commenting to tell you that the offer is up for me to come and live with you, but you have to be the first one to comment back on my own blog saying that you will let me dye my hair while im living with you. Hurry!!!!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Three new posts to read. It is great to see that life continues even in the frozen tundra. In regards to your comment on my blog about having only girls, I think that we should make a deal that you can be in the front row when Luke passes the sacrament for the first time if I can come prom dress shopping with you and ELlie Jo.

Chelsea Johnson said...

That was a great poem, I was unaware of your poetry skills! She is wonderful and we are so lucky!

Giselle Rasheta said...

What a nice tribute...Billie Jo you really are the next Billie Sue with your homemaking, party and even planning, and now even poetry skills. I love you and I love the blog...nice work!