Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Merriest Christmas


We had a wonderful Christmas with all the activities. Christmas Eve Day the kids got to go sledding with Tim and Uncle Rick. I stayed home and got the Christmas Cookies ready for Santa. Then Christmas Eve we had the annual dinner at mom's house. Prime Rib this year!!!! Shrimp, garlic potatoes, ultimate creamed corn, and fresh rolls to complete the meal. This year was special since Grandpa and Grandma Bisel got to join us. It is wonderful that we get to share special times with them!!! At the Christmas Eve dinner we always have the "program." The kids had been practicing at my house all day. Literally they started at 6:30 AM!!! Tess was the conductor and she would make them stand and sit after each song. Ellie and Luke wrote the lyrics to a song and then Ellie sang a solo with Luke accompanying on the saxophone!!! At one point Noah joined in on the piano. Always a spectacular show from each family member. The kids were then allowed to open their Christmas Eve gifts from Grandpa and Grandma. PJ's and their own special nativity set. We came right home and sprinkled the reindeer food Aunt Patrice gave the kids in the front yard!!! It must have worked because Santa found us and delivered everything and more than we needed. What Santa didn't bring Grandpa and Grandma McNeil made up for as well as all the Aunts and Uncles and cousins. We have such a tight family and the gifts were great but it was the time we spent together that I enjoyed the most!!!!! Tim gave me a huge canvas framed picture of Christ. I really love it and I think that getting it on Christmas made it extremely special. I love my family, I love my kids, I love my husband. I love this time of year!! Hope everyone else had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. we will be in Idaho to celebrate with our Butikofer family. We can't wait to see our new cousin Luke Taylor!!!

8 comments:

Robbin said...

Well aren't you Johnny-on-the-spot to have Christmas day pictures posted already! I bet your house is spotless now and everything is organized and put away already too! It looks like it was wonderful! Merry Christmas!

Billie Sue said...

I felt like Christmas was really great and like you, Billie Jo, loved just spending time with each other. The kids love the "program" and I was so proud of them for practicing their numbers and loved receiving the hand-written words to their original pieces of music. I was proud that Tess observed her mother and grandmother as the choir directors and did as we did. I love Christmas and I love each one of you!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Thanks for making our Christmas so wonderful! We loved staying at your house and loved the gifts we received from you. I wish I could've seen the program--can't wait to see what they come up with next year!

The Gunnerson Family said...

I just came into the computer and said, "Maybe I'll be the first to post christmas pictures." Again, beat by my big sister. I loved the slide show. Christmas was great. We are so happy to be here with all of you. Thanks for making it even more special.

Jan said...

WOW!!! What a great Christmas! I love that your family has such great traditions! I think traditions are what make holidays magical. So bravo to you for keeping it alive!!! And Luke can't wait to see everyone too!!!! Love ya!!!
Jan

Sophie said...

thanks for saying you cant wait to see us, your staying at our house you know. We didnt even have cookies for Santa this year, but we did have fuge and candy kisses. Im so jelous that you got garlic potatoes and prime rib. Merry Christmas 2 days ago, I hope you guys are still loving your presents cause i can promise you we are!!

The Cox Family said...

I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful Christmas! The nativity "program" sounds too cute. I wish I could have seen it. Your kids are so adorable! Have fun in Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girls, beautiful post, beautiful grandchildren. Thank you for all you do to make our family go. You are the glue that sticks all of the kids together. Mom and I are so proud of all of your accomplishments and your beautiful family. It is nice to have you so close to us. Have fun in Idaho.