Friday, January 25, 2008

Weekend in St. George


As you may have heard from Chelsea and Giselle we all got together in St. George last weekend. ( I know we find any excuse to get together, Thank you Dr. King!) I just needed to get away from the three feet of snow in my yard. Not that I am complaining because I love how pretty it looks all white and this winter has reminded me of winters when I was a kid with snow piles everywhere that you can sled on it just has been VERY cold as well. So I packed the girls up in the car and we headed south. We just had a fun time eating, swimming, fighting over Jack's bumble and of course the talent show. I was so proud of Ellie and Luke. They put the whole thing together. They had the idea and put the sign-up sheet on the fridge, enlisted the judges, made the crowns and trophies and last put not least put together a really amazing routine the included juggling, dancing, and singing! It was just really amazing to me that the kids went to the park and golfing on Monday morning and Tuesday morning when I took Ellie to school it was -12!!! Thanks to Chelsea and Max for putting up with the mess and kids. We have such a great family! We really missed those who were not able to make it. Maybe next time.

11 comments:

The Richards family said...

It sounds like Ellie is taking after her mom and grandma putting on great shows!!! I am glad you got to get away for the weekend, but I do have to say I am looking foreward to monday dance so Addey can stop asking when dance is. She has been practicing "push back" and she is so ready to show you.

Billie Sue said...

I have sat here at my desk -- laughing, crying, happy, sad and feeling like I am the most blessed person alive! I am laughing at the cutest grandkids in the whole, wide world! All of them are smiling and so proud of themselves. What self-concept they each have! I am crying because of the love they have for each other and the memories they are making! I am happy -- because how could I be otherwise with this kind of family? I am sad -- because, darn! I missed the whole thing! I love my life and my family!!!!

Jan said...

You have such talented kids!!! I think it is so nice that you got to go see your sister. Now--you can come see me next time!! I am only 6 hours away!! :)

Jan said...

And I just noticed that you cut Tess' hair-sooo cute!!
Jan

Robbin said...

Dang I wish I could talk one of my sisters into moving to St. George! Looks like a super fun time. Their little headbands almost look like halos. I love the cute holiday motif of your blog. Now I expect instructions on how to do it to mine. My fingers are crossed that the weather cooperates and we can swing babysitters for when we get to go to St. George!

Chelsea Johnson said...

OOOOH! I love the new layout! I was so glad that you came down. You are the best houseguest---because you won't let me be the host, and you insist on cooking and cleaning! Thanks for all you do and thanks for being such a wonderful Aunt to Jack! Can't wait to see you soon!

Billie Sue said...

Love the slide show! Now I can feel like I at least know what you did! I am trying to make the reservations for the family vacation in August!

McNeil Family said...

HOLY COW! What an event. Looks like Ellie and Luke got an extra dose of Grandma's genes. Give them a few years and they will be putting together the best pageants, Christmas choirs, spring shows, etc. etc. Our little baby was putting his hand by his face during the ultrasound. Does that place in the talent show?

Giselle Rasheta said...

Yay! I love the pictures...especially the drill-team style award circle. I was so proud of the kids for putting together such an awesome show. I was glad I could spend the day with my nieces and nephews and have such a ball!

The Cox Family said...

I am so jealous you guys were able to get out of this cold weather. I am ready for it to be warm again! The talent show looked really fun. Your girls are always doing such great things! I love your new background!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.