Sunday, December 2, 2007

One Month Later!!!


Well I am finally at a point where I can let go of an hour and blog! Sorry to all who really missed my children, sorry to all of those who don't even have a blog and get after those of us who do, and sorry to my mother who thinks something is truly wrong with me. I just have a little stress and I need to stay on top of it. So here are the top ten reasons I haven't blogged lately (good and bad)

10. In November I was busy finishing a room in my basements so that some more of my siblings would have a place to stay. Painting, going to pick out carpet, and then sanding and re-staining the bedroom furniture!

9. I got sick! This really knocked me out! I had fluid in my ears and sinuses and every time I stood up I went into orbit. (Vertigo-seriously) The doctor even wrote me a prescription for bed rest. Although that did me no good. Giselle did take pitty on me and teach some of my dance classes! Thanks!

8. One word-Thanksgiving! If you have not checked out my siblings blogs then you have no idea what I am talking about however we pack two weeks worth of activities into 2 days!

7. Second Word-Turkey! Since we did have 3 turkeys for Thanksgiving and Tim bought and I cooked the 23 pound bird, I had a little left over in the fridge. Knowing that Bella and Zeke had plenty Thanksgiving "left overs!!!" I decided not to let my turkey go to waist. Therefore I went on a 24 hour turkey cooking bonanza! I made 3 casseroles, 2 turkey pot pies, turkey soup, and turkey a'la king! Then I had to deliver it to grandparents and random people in the ward who had just had babies!

6. Programs- (Now I will sound like my mom for a moment.) I am preparing and planning 3, yes 3 Christmas programs. 1. Primary Christmas program: Not sure how the chorister gets to plan and write and teach the songs and come up with the costumes but in Francis 2nd this year it happened. 2. Stake Children's Choir: Again I got this one from my mom. So we aren't just singing we are playing bells and everything in between. 3. Of course the Body Motion Christmas Concert. Enough said, if you saw the Halloween show you would know that I have a lot of work to make it every bit as good! The good news is that they all are in a matter of 8 days apart so after that week I should feel relived. (December 11th, December 16th and December 19th)Mark your calendar there will be no blogging that week I am sure!!!

5. Mia and Tess- Well Tess' pre-school teacher took a major leave of absence so I have had to find things to do to entertain Tess since she starts asking me at 6:45 "Where are we going today?" She isn't entertained by me tell her "We are going to the play room so you can watch Mommy play on the computer!"

4. DVR- Tim finally did it! We now are the proud owners of a dish! Therefore I record shows and I can watch them later! Sorry we just got it 2 weeks ago so I the newness hasn't worn off yet!

3. Being the MOM! Enough said!

2. Shoveling snow! Finally we got a great snow storm and I tried to surprise my husband before he got home from work and have the majority of the snow removal done. There are some people who can verify this next statement. In doing so I felt like to have to remove the snow to the same level as Tim. Efficient and meticulously! Therefore it took me half of the day!

1. I had to get my tree up so I could have some really good pictures. I know I am the last McNeil child to do so, even though it is only December 2nd but I think you know what a fun and competitive group we are. Do it and do it the best. Therefore I had to get a gigantic artificial tree. I took me a while to find the "PERFECT ONE" but I did it. A few people have asked me if it is real! YEAH!

So there you have it, the reasons it has been one month since my last post. Take it or leave it!

We have the 9 foot tree in the front room and then three little ones in the family room. I obviously am a control freak (Monica) because as the girls decorated the tree I quickly moved them as they turned around to get the next ornament!


13 comments:

The Richards family said...

I have been checking in to see if you have a new post but not really expecting one because I do know you are always busy. However I had no idea you were doing a lot of those things on your list, and you were sick?
Well the new post is great and love the pictures of your tree. You need to call me and send your girls over more often we really have a lot of fun with them!!!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Well it was definitely worth the wait! The trees look cute and the girls look like they had fun decorating them. I'm sorry you have been so busy lately, I wondered why I hadn't been hearing from you all that much. I've missed talking to you! Love you so much and can't wait to see you guys soon! Love the new slide show, btw, I will definitely be stealing that one!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Nice work! I understand how busy you have been (since we're pretty much joined at the hip and although I only teach dance 2x a week I feel like I see you and your house more than I see my husband and my home!) so I have not been upset with the lack of blogging.

I love the new slide show, and I'm glad you got your pictures up so you could show everyone your hard work. Your house really does look beautiful! You need to put up pictures of your wall shelves and everything else, too! Love it, love it...see you soon!

The Cox Family said...

I am so glad you updated us all! I have been checking your blog often hoping for an update. I can't believe how busy you have been! You truly are an amazing person to be able to do all of that. I am sorry you got sick, it probably made you more stressed out because you had so much to do and couldn't! I just love your Christmas decorations, and I am sure your whole house is so festive! Your girls look like such good helpers!

Sophie said...

Ya it's a typical Butikofer thing with doing it and doing it right! Not fair you have dish it's our turn next to get dish but my mom said it won't ever happen while we are living here (drag) any way we got our tree up too although it's not 9 feet it's only 6.

Staci said...

Yeah for a new post. Your tree looks amazing and I am so proud that you got a DVR... It's pretty much the best thing ever... I hope you are feeling better... Being sick is the WORST!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am looking for a surrogate blog to display pictures of my Christmas decorations. Just finished putting lights on tree number no. 7 and garland no. 6. Fine, some of the trees are under 4foot tall and pre-lit, but I did spend many hourse putting on lights. Your trees look great and the girls are so adorable. I also loved the new filmstrip. I watched it up in the attic with my head wrapped in some old clothes like a turban.

Billie Sue said...

LOVE the new blog! I was glad you took time to come to my house to do it and at least I got to see you that long. The girls and I had fun wrapping presents while you updated. I have seen the trees in person and they are truly beautiful--well, beautiful may not be the word for the "fishing" tree, but it is darned cute. I want you all to know that was Tim's birthday present from me one year (cause Tim loves Christmas decorations???)! I love it that you all love Christmas so much and have so many trees and gorgeous decorations. Now the mantle has passed to each of you on creating the perfect Christmas and it seems you are all doing wonderful jobs of it! I love my children! The B&W film strip is so retro--reminiscent--LOVE IT!

Robbin said...

Well Martha I guess I need to venture over to see all the trimmings in person but It will probably put all mine to shame so maybe I won't. Greg already told me that your turkey soup was the best he's ever had so thanks but quit doing that. He'll realize what a bad cook I really am! You've got to slow down. Don't you know how bad you make the rest of us look!

Billie Sue said...

I've just watched the movie again and let me just say a couple of things: 1 - I love my family so much...each and every one - as I looked at each couple and saw how beautiful they are, how happy they are, what their countenance says, and how truly blessed we are - I see Heavenly Father's plan working beautifully and I am so thankful to our dear Savior and Redeemer for all the possibilities we have because of Him!
2- When I look at my little grandchildren and see their happiness and intelligence and beauty, I am awed that these wonderful little spirits were sent to my children to be taught by love and example the gospel of our Messiah.
Kids - pray for your children, pray with your children and bless their lives by showing faith in our Lord. I will try to do the same for each of you. Love, Mom

Jan said...

Hey, I just had a baby. . . where is my soup? I'm am so glad to see you guys again. I love ya!
jan

Anonymous said...

As a non-blogger with good reason, I have not complained about the lack of updates. However, I do love to see pics of those adorable little girls. But, since I know it would be impossible for me to keep a blog updated enough for anyone to want to read.... lets be clear here, I never complained.

Gines Family said...

Hey Billie Jo thanks for the comment as to your questions Laura helped me with the layout of my blog, but she did not take our family pictures a friend of mine did. Great update