Friday, November 9, 2007

You Better Watch Out!


You better watch out.. you better not cry- I'm telling you why!
We had a very interesting morning at the old Butikofer homestead. It is not rare for us to see a deer or two out by our house (Hench the hundreds of dollars in trees, flower, and strawberries that get eaten!!) BUT normally we do not see any bucks. Believe it or not Prancer and his harem were at our house this morning! I found this the PERFECT opportunity to tell the children that "Santa must have sent Prancer to figure out how to get to our house since Christmas will be coming!!! And the rest of the deer must be listening at our windows to see if we are being nice and talking kindly to each other." It went better than I thought. Ellie went out of control, I know you can't imagine this, saying that then the deer run down into the trees in the holler and tell the elves what we are doing. LOVE IT! Boy that Santa Baby can come in SOOOOOO handy! So you better be good for goodness sake!
I know you can't see this but the buck had 4 points and he was HUGE!!!

For those of you who forgot the names you have for Christmas...Here is the list! (Thanks MOM!)
Rob-Patrice
Billie Jo-Chelsea
Tim-Allen
Rick-Rob
Max-Billie Jo
Olivia-Noah
Allen-Rick
Noah-Max
Patrice-Olivia
Chelsea-Giselle
Giselle-Tim
And girls, Patrice and mom included, I have thought of two different craft projects that we can do over Thanksgiving. (Sorry Max you have a child now and you have to tend him!) 1st: The board with hooks on that says "The stockings were hung..." I think Olivia may have this? 2nd: A Christmas picture frame. I got one from my friend for my Birthday, a little decoupage and some paper and we are good to go. What do you think?

17 comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

Love it...I love the Christmas season! I have set my radio presets to 100.3, 106.5, and 97.5 and listen to only Christmas music all the time in my car now--I'm ready for Christmas, too!

About the craft...count me in. I need some Christmas decor. You remember what it's like to be a newly...you have to build your decoration stockpile over time. Maybe one day I'll have as many decorations as Mom!

Anonymous said...

WHY....WHY...Why can't I live in Kamas. But, I probably would have taken the BIG one out, and now that my brother is on the city council, that probably wouldn't go over so well, right? Someday, I will live in a place like that!! I love the pictures!!!!
Love ya,
Jan

Chelsea Johnson said...

Thanks for the list, we definitely needed it. The crafts are a great idea and actually I bought the vinyl lettering that says that, so all I need is the wood and hooks! Its a go for me on the crafts! We have cool animals in our yard and house too--remember the snake? And we get cockroaches! Now you don't get things like that, do you?

Staci said...

Just so you McNeil's Know... Kati also has a Vinyl Lettering Machine... Yes, She is very multi talented... I admire you for making crafts... I just buy the stuff and take it to my mom and ask her to make it for me...

Kristie said...

I miss good ol' Francis! I love the picture of Elle and Tess. Tess looks like a doll. Congradulations to Tim on winning the town counsel spot. He and Greg will do great things for Francis.

Addison

Kati said...

I do have a vinyl lettering machine...I would be happy to get you the stuff you need. As far as the bows go, I was thinking about having a "bow party" up there. things are a little crazy right now with the baskets...and we are leaving to go out of town this weekend...but if you wanted to host it...we could maybe do it after Thanksgiving. People could bring their Christmas dresses to match to ribbon. Let me know what you think...
My email is pricekmjc@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Count me in on the crafts... My husband wants us to have a second storage house for all christmas so I need to start gathering...

The Gunnerson Family said...

The countdown to christmas is on! I can't wait. I tried to tell my boys about the reindeer in your yard the other day when they were fighting, but it didn't have that big of an impact on them. I don't think they understand that Christmas is comming and the goose is getting fat. It's hard to get into the holiday spirit when you are still wearing your shorts and t-shirts.

Robbin said...

Oh please! Tell Olivia Wah! I am definitely stealing the santas reindeer in the yard bit though. You and I are going to have to get the ladders out and put up some christmas cheer together since scrooge and Grinch are being such butts about the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

Nobody better be telling Olivia Wah. She is absolutely correct. It is hard to get in the Christmas spirit when the sweat on my head and not the snow in the lane is glistening.

Billie Sue said...

That's why you have to blog, Allen--you're just darned funny!

Sophie said...

Hey y haven't u posted anything yet jeez girl u need 2 update well i'll be calling u

K-lee

Chelsea Johnson said...

This is getting ridiculous......

Anonymous said...

I've been "watching out" for over 20 days now...lets have another post!

Anonymous said...

Not kidding...I WANT MORE! I will comment every day until you update.

Chelsea Johnson said...

I am considering abandoning your blog, I mean really, where's the update? Did you give away your children? You are always threatening it, but I haven't seen their adorable faces show up on anyone elses blog, so clearly you haven't given them to anyone I know! I thought we had an exciting and fun Thanksgiving weekend, but you must not feel the same if you did not feel the need to update about it! If you want to see me, Max and Jack again, I urge you to update!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, you win. I am done checking your blog!