Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Man of my Dreams!!!



It is hard to believe that 11 short years ago I was standing on the side of 1-15 South of Santaquin in the dark wondering if I was really going to make it to the temple to get married or not?(If you don't know what I am talking about I am sorry!) Who knew that would be the beginning of an adventure of a lifetime.
Three children, a dozen cars, and to many dead pets later I still wake up every morning with the man of my dreams. We have built such a great life together I can't imagine what the next 11 years will bring.
We would love to spend the weekend in Manti, but all of the Christmas programs landed on this week and I am not sure I could relax enough to really enjoy it. When we went last year, on our ten years anniversary, we ended up as the witness couple and I cried the whole session. I feel so blessed to have Tim not only as my eternal companion but as my soul mate, my best friend, and mostly the father of my three beautiful girls. He works so hard to make me happy and never once, ok just once, complains about all of the "tasks" that I give him! When I was in college in Cedar City, I could not settle down for a minute with one guy. But the instant I started dating Tim I knew exactly that I could never find anyone better!!!
I love to watch him in everything that he does from using the squegee on the shower door to making chocolate chip cookies, he does it with such PERFECTION there is no doubt it will turn out right. One of my favorite things is to watch him put pretend make-up on the girls in church to try to keep them quiet or fall asleep.

Only Tim would know exactly where the eyeliner and mascara should go. I could go on and on about him but if you have ever seen him in a pair of Wrangler and boots ...enough said.! I love you with all my HEART, Happy Anniversary!

16 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are a great couple and have such a beautiful, wonderful little family and life! Tim really is a great husband, father and brother-in-law! I'm glad you have made it this far, and wish you even more happiness in the years to come! The only thing I think he could maybe work on is getting a little boy! Maybe it could be an 11-year anniversary baby? Just an idea!!!!! We love you!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the kind words. You are my everything. I can't wait for another 11 years. I love you!

Unknown said...

By the way, this is my first comment on a blog. I usually just stalk them.:)

Jan said...

Oh my goodness, you made me cry. I love you both and Happy Anniversary!! And I remember that at my wedding, you two wrote in the book, "If your going to fight, fight naked." Obviously that advice has worked for you. Congratulations on Year 11!!!
I love ya!
Jan

Billie Sue said...

Wow! What a love story! An eventful one as well that has produced three of the most beautiful little girls on the face of the earth as well as a home filled with happiness and love. Happy Anniversary to both of you! Love, Mom

Staci said...

Happy Anniversary... I did not know you got married in December... Great minds think a like... I LOVE the picture of Tim with the two girls and the fishing pole... That is the best picture EVER!!! I hope you get to do something fun for your big day!

McNeil Family said...

I remember that fateful December night...you and Tim hitchhiking your way to get married...Sam and I slowly freezing to death in Apollo 13 (the beretta). No wonder you two have had 75 cars in 11 years. You are scared of a car ever breaking down again on the side of the road. Congratulations...can't wait for another 11 years and 3 more nieces.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with my wife, I think it would be great to have a son to complete the family. I know I heard or read somewhere that a son is the gift given on the 11 year anniversary! Congrats on your anniversary, we love you and can't wait to see you.

Kati said...

Some of us don't know the story of the broken down car...please tell! Happy Anniversary!
Kati

The Cox Family said...

How fun are those pictures?! It is great to reminisce! Those pictures are great. Happy Anniversary! December weddings are the best.

Robbin said...

AWWWWWW!!! I can't wait till my anniversary so I can post a love montage! I must hear the stranded on the side of the road on the way to the temple story! I do remember the stranded on the roof throwing snowballs at the neighbors house in the dark to get help story.(Sorry Tim)Congratulations on 11 years!

Giselle Rasheta said...

I love it, I love it...Congratulations on so many happy years together!

Anonymous said...

ok well i have posted something new on my own blog so you can check it out!!

The Gunnerson Family said...

I am glad that I am not the only one who was a little slow on the update of the blog. Needless to say, your new posts are great. Your christmas deco looks great. I hope you had fun with the girls putting them up. Also, congrats on the anniversary. You two make a great team. Sometime teammates fight, but they figure out than they have a much better chance of winning when they work together. I love you guys.

Sophie said...

yet again I have posted something new on my blog and will again sometime this week for the 3 weeks I have managed to lose!

Anonymous said...

you are very lucky....and you give me hope that i can find a guy like tim...and max for that matter. you are so very blessed!