Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick-or-Treat!



We had a great Halloween! The girls all cooperated so well and we scored some great loot! I was in charge of Ellie's class party and spend all day doing that. Tess also had a pre-school party and Mia just went with the flow all day. The other mother that helped with the school party invited us to go trick-or-treating with them in their neighborhood. They get this wagon and drive the kids around Wild Willow.(You don't get that in Vegas!) The kids loved it and I thought they deserved to get as much candy as possible now that all of their teeth are fixed (for the time being). Mia loved saying "trick-or-treat" which made the people love her even more and put twice as much candy in her bag. I am sure it weighed ten pounds by the end of the night and she said "it's to heavy mom!" Then we left our friends to make a few important family stops. The fudge fairy AKA: Aunt Dixie was the top of Tim's list. Once we got there we received bags of fudge and caramel and caramel popcorn. SCORE!!! Then on to mom's. The girls had to do some poses in front of the "Halloween" tree. Mom had this cute vinyl lettering saying that read, "Grandmas act like they don't know who you are on Halloween!" She played that role right up. Ellie of course got into the character or a cat. Mia tried to act like a cat even though she was a lady bug and Tess was just a cute cowgirl. Last stop of the night was Aunt Jo and Uncle Bill. Full size candy bars for those who go the extra mile. Tim is rationing the candy to the kids so I am sure we will still have plenty when everyone gets here on Friday! Love you all.... 48 hours and counting!!!


11 comments:

The Richards family said...

I love the costumes!! I am a little disappointed you did not stop at my house. I wanted to see the costumes for real, but I knew I could see them on the blog.

Billie Sue said...

Ooooh, the spookiest little goblins and ghouls! The pictures say it just like it is -- Tess-the smiling little cowgirl; Mia-whatever is a new good idea; and Ellie-the sassy, wild kitty! Billie Jo didn't tell you she was dressed up too. I will have to post so I can show you my trick or treaters--I had Curtis, Lauren and Cam;

Chelsea Johnson said...

I wish I didn't have very many trick or treaters, Mom, because I wanted to eat all the candy for myself--but now its gone! Those sure are cute costumes and the girls played the parts so well. Can't wait till we can all go together! Love you guys!

Kati said...

Your little cowgirl and my little cowboy would make a cute little pair! The girls look adorable! Love the little lady bug and Kitty! They are all so cute. Good luck with the baptism this weekend! Just remember that it is an important day for mommy too! Don't get so stressed that you forget to soak it all in.

The Cox Family said...

The girls look great! Halloween is such a fun time of year. Curtis is rationing out Cam's candy too and he thinks it should be 5 for him, 1 for me, and a 1/2 for Cam! Oh well, I guess it saves me from eating too much. We can't wait to see all of you guys this weekend!

Robbin said...

Crazy how we didn't even bump into each other last night! I think we got home right after you guys did and I was afraid it was to late to trick-or-treat at your house. I know we were in a hurry to get to bed for school. At least we can see pictures of the cute kids since we didn't see them in person! Happy late Halloween!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a cuter cat, cowgirl, or lady bug. I wonder if they could be convinced to put on their costumes again this weekend.

Laura said...

Love the Halloween costumes! Sounds like you guys had a very eventful Halloween! Hope that things are to crazy for you this coming weekend and that you can enjoy it.

Staci said...

I wish we could have seen them as well... Maybe in 5 years when we build our house in Woodland we can have you as trick-or-treaters... Your girls look so cute, as usual... This is a fun age for Halloween... I love the lady bug costume... So CUTE!!!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Girls, you look so darling all dressed in your Halloween best! I am glad that you got all the candy you could ever eat, but I did read that eating it all in a short amount of time is actually better for your teeth than eating a little bit for a long period of time. So, enjoy!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh man those girls are cute. I'm glad they were able to get so much candy, since they LOVE it so so much!

Is it possible that it wasn't snowing on Halloween up there? I can remember few Halloween nights when our costumes weren't ruined by having to wear boots and a coat over them!

I love those girls.