Saturday, February 6, 2010

Winter Fun

Despite most people's dismay with the snow, we found there are many ways to beat the white stuff. This Christmas and winter gave us many reasons to celebrate. Between tubing, skating, Ellie and Tim's ice fishing trip, and feeding cows with Grandpa Mac and the McNeil cousins; we find our winter fun is only part of what we are up to!




Our kids are really loving life and learning new things. We have quite the routine around here. The girls are up to their necks in all kinds of lessons: DANCE, school, DANCE, violin, ACRO, guitar, and even a little more DANCE. Since Ellie got her guitar for Christmas we had to take the next step and get her in guitar lessons. Tim and I both love the violin and have wanted to have a child who could play it. So with that in mind we found a teacher that could instruct Ellie in guitar and Tess in violin. It is really exciting to see the girls learn new things and find new talents. The routine for us however is a little grueling.>
With all the girls taking every dance class available to them (and why NOT) our after school schedule is jammed. So we do piano, guitar, and violin before school! They do not complain at all and even beat me out of bed on some mornings. As long as I have Tess' clothes laid out for her the night before we are all good to go. So what about Mia you might ask??? Well this little socialite has a pretty full schedule herself. She attends two different preschools. She does jazz and acro and shops at Kamas Food Town! She also gets playdates every Wednesday with Reece.




Even if it is freezing cold outside and we are longing for the days to pull out the boat, the weeks pass quickly with this kind of crazy schedule! Here is a peek at some other things we have been doing!
<

10 comments:

McNeil Family said...

It's like blogging Christmas today! Yay! I know what you're grueling schedule is like and I will bring Evan over when it's time for him to get a talent. Until then, we'll stick with grocery shopping and occasional library trips. (But we might bring Mia along for our Kamas Foodtown trips so she can show us the ropes.) Thanks for the updates Butis!

McNeil Family said...

Um, first line, the you're, I am actually aware that it should have been "your." Oops.

Giselle Rasheta said...

I love the update! Sounds like the girls are being trained up right - just the way we were. One day they might realize it's unnecessary to try to cram 28 hours' worth of activities into 24 hours, but for now...ignorance is bliss! I cannot wait to hear the girls play piano, violin, and guitar, and DANCE for me. I think that "socialite" is the perfect word for Mia. She is like the Kardashians - she could be famous just for her social life. I guess they should call it 'Keeping up with the Butikofer Girls.'

Hopefully I'll see you sometime soon...that is, if I don't die of a broken heart before that happens.

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Even though we live close we can't possibly keep up with all that the girls do. I like being called Grandpa Mac. That is what we always called our grandpa McNeil (Some called him grandpa Hebe). Tess was a real trooper today when she let me pull her tooth. She was a little scared, but was also determined to get it done. You have such beautiful girls. We love them so much. See you soon.
Grandpa and Grandma Mac.

Billie Sue said...

The above comment is WEIRD! I guess you and I are going to have to add the privacy word to prevent such comments. Let's get together and figure it out! Ah--the girls! How I love my little Buti's! Mia and Noah came visiting on their own today after they had been out playing with giant icicles. Her little hands were frozen and she crawled up beside me on the couch long enough to take the chill off. It was very nice! The girls are busy -- and very self-disciplined. You are raising them up right. There is absolutely nothing wrong or shameful about knowong how to work and love it. Good job!

The Richards family said...

You are always busy but you always manage to have fun doing it and add other fun activities plus have dinner on the table. How do you do it? I always forget dance class or pre-school at least once a month. Looks like the tooth came out huh!! And we LOVE that Mia can come play at our haouse every wed!!

Team Bryan said...

We miss you all so much!! I love that you are blogging again. It makes me feel a little closer to what is going on down there. Your girls are just as wonderful as ever. I am all for lots and lots of music in the house. Can't wait until my Kendal gets a little more mature so that the piano lessons can begin!! Avery is already a vocal superstar...kinda. You guys are definately overachievers!! Love it!!

Jan said...

WOW. . . I wish I was a super mom. I just don't have the energy to do all you do!!!! I love and miss you guys!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I can't wait to see and hear all that hard work come to fruition. The girls are so talented, and they obviously get their talent and hard work from their momma! I do need lessons in how to be superwoman! Maybe when I live there Jack can take some classes---he would love it!!!!!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Is there something wrong with a mother who forgets to take her children to their scheduled classes? I hope NOT! We can't all be the amazinging talented woman you are. I am sure that those girls will turn out just as great as you did because of the many life lessons you give them. They are so fun to have around. We are so happy to be close enough to "grow up" together.