Monday, February 15, 2010

This is how we do it......

I hope you are all singing that tune right now. (I know you are Chelsea)

Valentine's this year was perfect. I had a huge week (surprise) and it all came to a conclusion with the thing I love most... time with my family. Tim surprised me Saturday when he called to tell me "get ready and be in Park City by 3:00 for a massage at Massage Envy!" (Trumpets, playing dadadadah!!!!!) He got me a 3 month membership. Best present EVER! He then brought the girls over and we all headed to Olive Garden. This seems to be the girls favorite place to eat. We came back home and stopped at Cold Stone in Park City for dessert.







Sunday morning I made heart shaped pancakes and eggs. (I promised myself I would use the molds if I bought them!!!) It seemed to make the pancakes more delicious. I wouldn't normally blog about silly heart shaped food but the end of the day brought a funny little event which I thought was blog worthy.






The girls had called their Grandma Butikofer to wish her lots of LOVE. She and I were talking after and Tim brought a chair right next to me on the couch. (Background story: Tim has been asking me for a week if I thought I could stand on his shoulders and change a light bulb on the vaulted ceiling) Next thing I know he had Ellie on his shoulders. While I explained to Janis what was going on she QUICKLY prompts me to get off the phone and get them down. What do I do... Grab the camera! They still weren't tall enough so Tim found my old antique shipping crate and boosted them up enough to get the job done. Maybe Tim will be getting a ladder for his birthday this week??????


8 comments:

Robbin said...

Okay #1- Spoiled! and #2 We have a ladder you can borrow!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Take a breath, the week is over. I am so glad that it all ended with a massage...and more to come. I love the picutres of Tim and Ellie Jo. I'm just suprised that Mia wasn't up on top. That seems like something right up her ally.

Billie Sue said...

What a thoughtful valentine gift! Tim is so very clever, which brings us to the changing light bulb story! My -- I think he has been in the McNeil family long enough it's beginning to wear off. That is something so your Dad would do. I guess the job got done without incident and Ellie will always have a sweet memory of her and her Dad performing the feat. The pancakes are darling and who else to cook heart-shaped pancakes than you? We love all our Butikofer valentines!

McNeil Family said...

I just got Evan to stop throwing a tantrum by telling him we were going to look at aunt bjo on her blog. Well, mostly that was a lie because there weren't any pics of you. I love the valentine post. But must admit that I'm with Grandma Janis on this one.... the crate is even worse! Next time just tell us to bring our ladder over you crazy Butikofers!

Chelsea Johnson said...

.....hands in the air, raising from here to there....
Aaaahhh--good times!
I love to see how festive you guys are up there. I seem to remember Allen tying two ladders together(very old and crickety, BTW), so that kind of shenanigans must run in the family!!!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Love you all!

The Richards family said...

I had to go back and read you post again, for a minute I thought you were putting Ketchup on your pancakes. I never thought of putting EGGS in a cookie cutter...Very cute!!I am glad you got the picture, now we know just how important your blog is!!

Giselle Rasheta said...

As if your food could taste any better than it normally does... yum. I want some of those! And what 3 grown children did you adopt? I should come meet them sometime. But boy, they are old!

K, when is this going to end? I can't breathe much longer without seeing my Butis.

Jan said...

I think that was very ingenious of my brother!! And will you make me heart shaped pancakes when I come in April?