Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Mr. Idaho

I thought this looked like a model pose!

Another year has come and still I wonder who this young strong hot guy is that I wake up next to. With each passing year my love for him deepens. (I usually am not a fan of the list, but this post would go on and on so I had to LIMIT it to 35 things I love about Tim!)

1. Just watching him with the girls, especially when he smells their clean hair. He loves it and he truely loves them!
2. His desire to give me whatever I want. (except the TV in the bedroom)
3. His STRONG work ethic.
4. His desire for clean things and his ability to clean.
5. His dedication to any calling he has.
6. His bowed legs!
7. The way he loves my cooking and tells me what a good cook I am.
8. How he walks into our bedroom or runs up the stairs not to flatten the carpet.
9. The way he eats HUGE scoops of peanut butter out of the jar. (and still stays trim)
10. The way he takes a drink and gives a refreshing AAAHHH at the end.
11. His bright smile.
12. His singing, even though he doesn't do it publicly.
13. The way he can spend hours fixing something til it is fixed the right way.
14. How he smells when he kisses me good-bye in the morning. The smell lingers for a while and I LOVE it. I smell that on his pillow on the nights he is gone.
15. His support to endless hours of dancing!
16. His trust in me. (Like leaving the new boat in my care for a week while he was gone!)
17. His priesthood abilities anytime we need them.
18. The way he plays with the girls when they want some attention.
19. His sensitive side when we watch movies or hear a cute story.
20. How he worries about his mommy.
21. How he is willing to incorporate some of my silly traditions in our family.
22. Filling up my car when I have let it drop below a quarter tank.
23. How he loves Lady GaGa songs!
24. His ability to make everything perfect!
25. Calling me ten times a day while he is gone to check on me.
26. How he takes care of others. (even a pregnant waitress)
27. The image I still have of his Wrangler back side.
28. His thick hair. Thanks heavens he has passed on those great genes to my girls!
29. Which leads me to the tolerance he has, or has to have, with the amount of hair on the couch, floor, bathroom cupboard, clothes, etc.
30. The crepes he make for his girls!
31. His passion about things he believes in.
32. The way he loves smelly things. (Must be a Butikofer trait)
33. How hard he works to provide for our family.
34. Snuggling with me (even though it is forced!)
35. Just trying to be my everything!

Again I could go on and on. Happy Birthday Tim, you are the best husband, father, partner I could ask for. You complete me!

6 comments:

Team Bryan said...

Happy Birthday, Ben!! We love you so much!! We love all those things too. I wanted to add that I love that I am always known as "Tim's sister" with a weak knee and a big sappy sigh from any girl he knew in high school. Makes my day every time!! Tari

Chelsea Johnson said...

Happy Birthday, Tim!!!! He really is such a great guy who does so many wonderful things for people, and they probably don't even know it. I have been the recipient of many kind and gracious acts, and I am so appreciative of it. Thanks for lunch the other day, it was just what I needed. Thanks, and we love you!
P.S. I could really get used to you blogging this frequently.

Billie Sue said...

Well, I concur with everything you said, plus I will add a couple myself!
1. An excellent husband to my daughter and father to my grandchildren, with a sensitive yet "iron rod" personna.
2. A respectful son-in-law to me.
3. Very "family" oriented and always willing to help family -- no matter which side of the family and no matter how distant.
4. An over-all "good guy."
5. Perceptive priesthood holder.
Thank you for being my daughter's husband and providing for her the way you do and for making sure she and the girls have everything they ever mention wanting--and thank you for supporting her "dance" life. As you know, it is important to me too!

McNeil Family said...

Great list. Patrice and I laughed reading through it. I almost died laughing the other day when Tim was at our new house and he gave me a tutorial on how to walk down the hallway on the edges so the middle doesn't get warn out. It was hilarious and he told me that is how he walks into your room. Happy Birthday, Tim.

The Gunnerson Family said...

I absolutely love all the little "things" that make Tim, Tim. What a fabulous list. I can't wait until his 100th birthday. I am sure you will have not problem coming up with that many great things about him.

Jan said...

Happy B-day old timer. . . love ya!