Sunday, April 12, 2009








April Fools... it is still April isn't it?!? I have lost track of time. It seems these days that the days run into weeks and the weeks have pasted to months. I have been super busy but NEVER take pictures. Even on this trip I had to force myself to remember to break out the camera. To sum up our vac-kay MUCH NEEDED. We started off our R & R in St. George with the Gunners and Johnsons. We were fortunate enough have Rob and Dad accompany us on our journey. I had a driving partner and the girls were on their best behavior (if that is possible) for Uncle Rob. It really helped to have a total of 3 dvd players going. (Thanks Erica!) The girls rode bikes and played in the sand while the adults listened to conference and had wonderful food. I am not sure there is ever an event with us that doesn't involve food. Sunday we watched the first session of conference ate AGAIN and then jumped in the car to head to Pheonix. I had told Dad that I wasn't sure the Vegas route was the best. Tim and I had been that way over 9 years ago and I remember thinking it would never end. But dad insisted he had measured it out with string on the map it we should give it a try. All went well UNTIL Hoover Dam. All I will say is 4 miles=55 minutes. Got a great view of the suspension bridge being built over the dam, IMPRESSIVE! Dad did suffer from a touch of road rage:) Eight and a half hours later we made it to see our adorable little Rajko. He was definitely worth the wait!










Dad and Rob actually stayed with Giselle and Noah while I stayed with Sharee and Matt. They also have three kids and a kid friendly back yard. The warm Phoenix air made my kids believe it was summer. (80's the entire week.) While in Phoenix we did everything we could to keep those kids entertained from indoor Amusement Parks to Bowling. The thing my kids wanted to do more than anything was SWIM in the pool. However, one of the highlights was the Hannah Montant Movie as well. I will just go on record saying I LOVED IT!!! Sharee and Matt were great host and Giselle and Rajko were our event planners. Thanks to everyone who we spent time with. I may need a week or two to catch up on all the sleep I missed but Sharee and I got caught up on our lives. Dad and I made a joint decision to leave on Friday and drive in the night to St. George. We didn't get out until 9pm Arizona time and I pulled into Chelsea and Max's at 4:20 AM. However the girls slept the ENTIRE time and it went by faster that way. We made it home for Easter and it looks like we are in for a week of storms. So great to be back.











BTW: This is not a resort pool, this is Sharee's back yard! LOVE IT!

Since I uploaded pictures from my camera I did find two events that I hadn't blogged about.

Mia had to dress silly and crazy for April Fools. She loved it and was extra pleased to wear make-up to school.











Tess had the kindergarten piggy opera. She had been excited for the big day! I think I could hear her singing...?




But definately the cutest piggy-EVER!!! Come and see us soon Rajko and Scheerhorns.

11 comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

When I saw that you had updated, I wondered if my computer was playing an April Fool's joke on me :) Just kidding, yay!!!! I'm so glad yo updated!

Man I was so happy to see you. I'm so glad that you came down to vacation and that we were able to spend some time together. I love love love my girls, and I was so excited to play with them! I agree that Hannah Montana was the highlight of the trip. Such a good movie, and yes I have a crush on the love interest.

I think I have a few pictures of the girls with Rajko, so I'll have to put it on my blog for you and everyone else to see. Love you! Thanks for coming and thanks for the udpate...

Billie Sue said...

Love the update and good job of bringing us up to speed on your spring break! It looks like the kids had so much fun together. Phoenix is enjoyable in the spring and it sure helps to be at someone's house who has a pool, bbq, tramp, etc., etc. in their back yard! It's always fun to get together with family and it is wonderful for you all to make the effort so the kids can get to know each other. Family ties are so important -- forever! Maybe I'll have to go see "Hanna." Too bad Miley appeared in SLC rather than Phoenix! The girls are all tan and summer looking and Rob definitely got a tan! I'm just glad everyone is home safe and sound. Thank you, thank you -- for updating!

McNeil Family said...

We don't want you to go another two months without blogging, so I am jumping right in here to comment. It looks like you had so much fun. You are definitely the traveling mom. I guess we know who plays as hard as she works! Now that I am home to my house after a smallish vaca I am wondering how you are doing it. Vacas make more work when you get home. YUCK. So back to cleaning I go.

Chelsea Johnson said...

I am so glad that you updated and told me all about your trip, since you never returned my calls or texts while you were there! Now after seeing all the fun you had, I can see why you didn't!

It looks like it definitely was a blast and I'm glad you guys had so much fun. We're glad we got to see you for a little bit, too!

Robbin said...

It's about time you updated! I'm glad you had such a good time over spring break. You were definitely looking foreward to it! Ours sucked so it's good someone enjoyed themselves. Try not to wait so long between updates! You don't always have to post pictures you know!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Wow, what a fun time you had. I am glad that it turned out to be worth the extra drive. Maybe next time I will brave it alone with my children. MAYBE. Tess looks so cute in her piggy hat. I am proud of her for doing her part without stage fright. What beautiful girls.

Anonymous said...

You needed the VK for sure. Your Dad said it was along ride to Phoneix and I agree, but getting to see every one was the plus. The kids are darling. Glad to catch up on the new blog. Please don't expect me to do the same.
Aunt Dixie

Jan said...

Ah, finally an update. I wondered what you had been up to. It sounds like you had a ton of fun!! We all need a little R&R now and then. . . and in that amazing back yard pool setup your friend had going, how could you not!

Pays said...

What a fun spring break!! I think I need to go visit our cousin!! Awesome back yard! How fun for the girls. Sounds like you had an awesome time! Smart move driving in the night... Enjoy the snow now that you are home!!

Billie Sue said...

Ahhhh--now that you have last week over with, let's have an update!

Chelsea Johnson said...

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE!!!