Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Perspective


There comes a time when things get thrown at you and you have a different perspective. This evening our family unfortunately experienced one of those moments. Our sweet nephew LUKE TAYLOR returned home to our Heavenly Father. At 23 months old I can honestly say this child fulfilled his calling on earth. Luke was the center of the Taylor family. His spirit brought joy to their home. His wonderful father and adoring mother gave love without limits when it came to this kid. His brothers Josh and Mike would do anything and everything for Luke. This is an amazing family!


I know the plan our Father has for us. I love the peace that I get from it. I try to share my testimony of it whenever I can. I want my children to know this. I want my friends and neighbors to understand it. There is only one way to find comfort in any of this.


I want to bottle up the feeling I have in my soul right now to open up and use later down the road when my perspective may not be so clear and my eyes may be out of focus.


Please pray for this family! Keep them in your thoughts. Do all that you can to ensure you will be with your family again.

9 comments:

Gennifer said...

I'm so sorry, Billie Jo. I don't even know what to say right now, but I'm glad you feel a little comfort. I'll keep this family in my thoughts.

Billie Sue said...

My heart is breaking for Jan and Brian. The only comfort is knowing the plan of salvation and our mission here on this earth. My prayers are definitely for this wonderful family...and their extended family, as well. I hope and pray the love and support given will somehow ease the difficulty of this challenge. Obviously Luke was a very special child....but both Jan and Brian are two of the kindest, most genuine people I know. Love you all and the Taylors, as well. I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could do to make the hurt go away.

Keriann said...

We send our love to your family. Justin and Keri

The Gunnerson Family said...

Knowledge of the plan and a little perspective is all you can even rely on at a time like this. I am so sorry about what has happened. Of course you will all be in my prayers.

Giselle Rasheta said...

I am so sorry. I hope you know that I am here for you if there is anything that you need. We will definitely have this family and all of you in our prayers.

How blessed we are to know of the plan of salvation. How lucky to know that we will be with out families again, and that death is not the end of our time together. Knowledge of eternal family is the most important part of my own testimony, and I am so glad you have shared yours. I'm happy to add mine to that.

Chelsea Johnson said...

I have still been so saddened by this since you first told me of it. I cannot imagine what their family, as well as yours is going through. It will be a long road, but luckily with all the tools and knowledge we have, will hopefully be made a little easier. Please drive carefully and enjoy seeing the family when you're there. We love you, and you're ALWAYS in our prayers! Thanks for the update!!!!

Patrice said...

I'm so sorry Tim & Billie Jo. Please let Jan & Brian know that they are in our thoughts and prayers. You put the important things so simply in your post. It's nice to know in times like these, that there are important things and they are simple and straightforward. Probably because Heavenly Father loves us so much. We love you guys!

Jan said...

Thanks Billie Jo!!!!

TODD + ANNIE said...

Billie Jo, I was so sad to hear about this sweet little boy. I can't even imagine. Thanks for your comments on my blog! I am getting very excited for this baby. I am planning on teaching but won't get going until January and I get somewhat of a schedule going with my baby. I would LOVE to teach one of your girls, if you are interested. They would be dream students! We will keep in touch.