Thursday, February 5, 2009

Heartbreak and.... you can't make this up!

So this post will be a two part update. I have to document both stories just so one day I can look back and laugh since all I want to do is cry (but I am way to tired for it.)

HEARTBREAK
My little Mia has such a big heart accompanied with serious crushes on boys of ALL ages. There is however a little boy in her preschool class that she calls her "boyfriend." His name is Jameson and she like him because he has the same color hair as her dad. I will admit that he is probably the cutest boy in the class and I think that his mom is a sweetheart so I play along with the scenario. Today she drew a picture and told me she was taking it to preschool to give to Jameson. I just smiled inside and thought of all the trouble that I am going to have to deal with when she is 16 and having all these mad crushes.....I did not know I would have to deal with HEARTBREAK at 3! She came home from school crying because she gave Jameson the picture and he threw it on the ground and walked away. I tried to assure her that he still likes her and that it was a nice gesture to have done that. In the back of my mind I wanted to call up his mother and tell her what a rude thing her son had done to my sweet little baby. Oh boy I think home school may be the ticket for the both of us!


Who could resist this face?!?!

On to the second part... You can't make this up!

It all started two Sundays ago. Mia had been acting whinny and sick like. I decided to stay home from church with her since neither of us had gotten a whole lot of sleep. We napped took medicine and watched some TV. Then around 5:00 she started screaming that her ear hurt. Of course, it is Sunday and it is after hours why shouldn't it start hurting NOW! So Tim and I took her to Urgent care in PC. Sure enough raging ear infection. Now it is 7:30 on Sunday night and all the pharmacies are closed. They gave us some antibiotics to get through the night and the next day.

Jump ahead two days. Tuesday Ellie comes home from school and tells me she doesn't feel well. I give her some Tylenol and cold medicine and send her to bed. Next morning we go to piano and I drop her off at school with a box of Kleenex and take Tess to the doctor because she didn't sleep, nor did I, through the night because the stye on her eye has gotten huge. I tried many home remedies but obviously we need a prescription to overcome this ailment. We got her prescription and instructions to hot pack it three times a day and apply the antibiotic ointment. I run Tess back to school and head home to get ready for my "long" day at the studio. By 3pm Ellie is home and bawling and throwing all kinds of fits. (Hit the pause button for a minute) Remember in my last post I told you she is the worst sick patient EVER. Add to the fact that Wednesday is my long night at the studio and the night Tim is in St. George. So now it is 8 PM and I am trying to help her finish her homework that she and the babysitter did not get done!!! To her credit her nose was BRIGHT red and she could not go longer than 21 seconds without wiping it. As she was spiting out all the medicine that I could give her we decided to call it a night and not send her to school the next day. Instead she and I both went to doctor on Thursday. My ears were plugged and it sounded like I was talking into a tin can. Two prescriptions later and a few shots of steroid mist up the nose and we were good to go! Hang in there were are almost through the week!!!



I decided in the middle of all this to have a surprise birthday party for my mom on Saturday night. We invited about 25 of her friends and family and had a great time. She was completely surprised as she showed up in her sweats and no make-up.



At 5:30 Sunday morning, Ellie woke up screaming and crying. She had a fever of 105 and was shaking all over. So you got it ONE more trip to the urgent care!!!! Again Sunday morning and no pharmacy open til ten. We decided to sleep in the parking lot for an hour and wait it out. This is a true story, I am not embellishing one thing. Good thing I got those antibiotics in her because there was no way I was having any sick kids at home this week. Oh wait, did I say that! Today, Thursday, is Tess' second day home with the runny nose and ear aches. Good thing I have ALL the medicine I need to get her over this. President's Day can not come fast enough!!!

14 comments:

Noah Rasheta said...

Mia, don't worry. It won't be long before the boy's are the ones going home crying because you threw their picture on the ground because you couldn't hold so many pictures!

Noah Rasheta said...

P.S. - You should send those girls down here to the warm weather for a weekend to heal up a bit. I know their aunt Giselle would love that! I'm sorry to hear that everyone has been sick, and at the same time!

Giselle Rasheta said...

First of all, it's a good thing I can't get my hands on that little punk - he'd be learning the lesson of his life!!! Okay, was that a little overboard? I better not have any daughters. I feel slightly sick just thinking of how mad I am right now!

Secondly, I think I've diagnosed the problem...you know how wax builds up in your ears to protect them from getting bad stuff in there? Well, removing ALL the wax ALL the time will just weaken your natural immune system. I think the same goes for your house. Your children live in a completely germ free and sanitary environment, so their bodies have been unable to build up any immunity against germs. Send them to school, and BAM!!! Sick everytime...

You should definitely send them down here to the warm weather and also the wonderful germs that live in our regular ol' somewhat clean house :) That'll help them build up their immunity while they're in good enough weather not to get sick! Plus, I get to see my girls, yay!!!!!!

P.S. We're trying to get moved into a cooler house by the time you come to visit so you have more room to hang, play, and a bigger/nicer pool and playground for the girls.

The Cox Family said...

Wow! They should just dedicate a room for the Butikofer family and leave it open for you 24-7. I sure hope you all get feeling better soon!
Jameson doesn't know what he is missing and will be kicking himself down the road for being so mean to little Mia!!!

Billie Sue said...

I would just tell Mia the truth!!! The truth is boys are not worth the fuss!!!! If you could possibly convince her and the rest of the little Buties of this fact, life will be much easier for you! Remember the old saying''"There is life after high school!"? Start with it now and the teen years will be much, much easier! Seriously, I don't want it to sound like I don't like boys--I do have a couple of my own, but I always told them that girls weren't worth the fuss! The times comes soon enough when you can no longer hold back the truth! I just turned 58 years old and I am still fussing, 1st-over my Dad (who is a boy), 2nd-over your Dad who is a boy, 3rd -over Rob (who is a boy), and 4th - any boy who needs a little fussing and worrying who comes to Ed Net. Side note--Allen does not let me fuss over him! I'm sure Patrice does a fine job of it!
I actually agree with Giselle on the germ thing and had thought that earlier when I was reading someone else's blog (can't remember whose). My mother always advised me to let the kids play in a sandpile and get their hands dirty, or they wouldn't build any immunity and be able to fight off the bugs! Truthfully, some kids are just more prone to ear infections--take Olivia and Giselle, for example. Just love them up! The party was FABULOUS, by the way, except for the fact I looked like I just got out of bed!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heart just heart when I read about Mia. But it just goes to show you what a great kid she is and what a great job you are doing raising those kids!!! The sickness thing gets so old so fast. I swear this has been the worst winter for sickness stuff for us too!!! I can't wait for Spring so we can all get better!!!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Poor Mia. She is so emotional anyway that I am sure that she really was heartbroken. It reminds me of when Luke gave his girlfriend a heart pencil and she broke up with him. Crushes can really crush sometimes. I am sorry about the sickness, and I thought we had it bad.

Chelsea Johnson said...

I hope you're all feeling better by Thursday! Oh wait, Jack has had ear infection after infection for two months, so its no biggie to bring those germs down here!

I am seriously sad for Mia, and now for Luke, again, after reading Olivia's comment. I guess I've always been the one breaking hearts and never on the other end of it, so I don't know how that feels.....HA HA HA!!!! Heartbreak is the worst feeling in the world, and its unfair to already feel it at 3 years old! Give her a kiss and hug from me!

McNeil Family said...

Yes Billie Jo, I am just now looking at your blog. (As opposed to cleaning my house. I'm pretty sure Mia is bringing the germs home from my house since we make no pretense of clean over here... Sorry. And I totally agree about the immunity thing. You are TOO clean.)

And to Mia... she gave him her heart (in the form of a picture) and he threw it on the floor (or gave her a pen). Stinky boys.... she needs to find a 3 year old Luke (who isn't her cousin of course). I'm worried because this crushing seems to run in the McNeil Genes and it starts young. (I didn't think about boys until I was in Junior High... and even then I never acted on those crushes. Please let my baby just love his mom until he's an RM!!!! I could not bear him having heartbreak at 3.)

P.S. We love the Butikofers and their germ free environment! Evan told me to write that he wishes he could see his Aunt Billie Jo every day. (But she is too busy dancing and cleaning and scraping ice and retiling her bathrooms...etc.)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, ans I wanted you at church so you could lead the singing for me, what were you thinking taking a day off(oh wait a minute) week off to have sick kids and be sick yourself, it's all about you huh Billie Jo? I am really sorry, sick kids are almost as bad as a sick husband, watch out for Tim.
Aunt Dixie

Billie Sue said...

Just so you know -- it really is nice to have you comment on my blog! I can sit here late at night and have an unspoken conversation with my girl--and smile while doing so! Thanks for making my day! I love you!

Kati said...

Hey Billie Jo...I hear you are the master at freezer meals. I know you are super busy...but I was wondering what I could do to entice you to come down and teach a few friends and me the tricks of the trade. We can pay you, or I can trade you out with vinyl, bows...whatever you would like that I can offer you.....

email me if this is a possibility...

littlebitoflove76@gmail.com

Kati

Kati said...

Maybe a family photo session?

Billie Sue said...

Come on!!!!! This is getting more than ridiculous!!!!