Sunday, December 7, 2008

Long Time Coming

We're here! We really are alive and kicking it just seems that there is so much going on and I put blogging on the bottom of my list. If I have an extra minute I try to do something productive. Prime example, make cookies with Tess and Mia. They love it and it teaches me patience. We had a wonderful November and were very thankful to spend time with many of our family. Other things that happened in November:





Ellie had her first piano recital. Both of the girls started piano this fall and are doing great. They have different teachers (long story) and we are grateful that they enjoy it (for the time being). Ellie had practiced and practiced til everyone in the family could play her songs. That morning she was getting a little nervous. By time we got to the church where the recital was I am not sure who was shaking more, Tim or Ellie. He gets so nervous for the girls. Ellie was about to cry when she was introducing her pieces her voice was shaking so severely but she sat down and played like a pro. We were so proud of her and pleased that we got to share the moment with Grandpa and Grandma McNeil, and Allen and Patrice and Evan. Thanks guys!







We made a long trip to Boise for Thanksgiving. We have never actually been to Brain and Jan's house so we were looking forward to seeing them and the rest of our Butikofer family. I had been some what worried about the length of the trip so I prepared an entertainment box for the girls. What would we do without technology, seriously. Between the dvd players and the leapsters (Thanks Averett girls) the girls never made a peep. I however didn't do so well. Tim and I have different travel philosophies. Mine= get in the car and drive as fast as possible ONLY to stop if it is a dire emergency. Did I mention FAST! Tim is more of a sight-seer. He absolutely loves road trips and stops along the way to stretch out his legs and get a refill. And of course he would never eat in the car=too much of a mess!!!! I have decided Tim's way could be more enjoyable if we did it more expeditiously!!! We had a great time in Boise and I would love to show you pictures of it but I never took my camera out of the case. AND no one took it out of the case while I was in the pool with the kids doing cartwheels off the side and throwing Ellie and Lexie in the air off my shoulders. (My dad would be so proud) To Tim's defense he had hurt his back at work BUT while he sat on the side he could have snapped some actions shots.




I missed out on the Black Friday madness which really took a toll BUT I had my own little on-line Thanksgiving day madness when I was showing Sondi some online deals. It is possible that I could turn into a cyber shopper junkie!!! But I just missed Allen and the snowmobile-suit man!


We headed aback from Boise a day earlier than we originally planned and got to see some of my family on Sunday as my mom hosted a Sunday Thanksgiving dinner. Yes Thanksgiving is really a wonderful holiday with food and family.






To start off December I vowed I would make some fun times with the girls. So far we have managed to put up five Christmas trees and last night we went to Temple Square with the Gunners. I love the lights and the spirit that goes with it on Temple Square. It was a pretty mild night as far as the temperature goes BUT with kids they get cold fast. So we headed to Sizzler, a family friendly restaurant. Can I tell you it was so worth it. I love Sizzler salad bar and apparently it had rubbed off on my kids. Ellie was thrilled that she could go back as many times as she wanted. Tess was just happy she got to sit by Luke and Mia well you see, one of Mia's favorite food is watermelon and cantaloupe. She never stopped with the Watermelon and she eats it right down to the rind! Maybe a gift card in the stocking for all of them would be a great idea. Again, just the little things I need to remind myself, make them happy.






We cannot wait for Christmas to get here but more than that the girls are so excited to see their second mommy, Giselle. I think if I wrap her up and put her under the tree Christmas morning will be complete!

11 comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

Mommy Giselle is just as excited, I assure you - maybe more excited, if possible!!! It looks like you guys are keeping busy doing fun Christmas things, and I can't wait to be there and see you and participate in all the festivities.

I'll see you guys in 13 days, yay yay yay! Oh, and I'll have Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 on my laptop if you'd like to watch it or put it on your iPod :)

Billie Sue said...

What a fun post! To see my girls is always a treat! We missed going to the Temple Grounds with you -- but might I just say -- "Thank you for a wonderful life, kids! A Wonderful Life is absolutely grande and Dad and I both thoroughly loved the evening. The seats were divine, the dancing was superb, the story itself is great food for thought! Thank you all so very much!

Robbin said...

Yay! An update and a face lift. I love them both. I sure hope it's not another month before the next one. Maybe if you weren't doing so much online shopping you would have time to blog a little more! I'm sure your hubby would agree. Cute pictures. Your such a fun mom. I wish you would slow down a little. You make the rest of us look so bad!

McNeil Family said...

I love the update and am so happy that I got to see pictures of the girls even though we missed out on seeing the lights. We definitely missed you over Thanksgiving and Allen was sad to Black Friday shop alone. I'm just glad that you are so close by that I can call you and come over any time I want! I love it!!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Thanks for the fun night. I never knew that Sizzler could be so darn fun! Of course Luke thought it was the best restaurant ever. I love to share these experiences with you and your wonderful family.

Pays said...

How fun. Your girls are so adorable and growing so fast. I hope the weather is good this week end we are going to Temple Square. How much fun your house must be at Christmas time with your cuties.

Tasia said...

When you started with 'long time coming' I was waiting for a pregnancy announcement. :) Your girls are adorable but what do you expect when looking at their mom and dad.

Jan said...

Yeah for the update. . . what a fun time we had having you guys here!!! Thanks for making the trip and making Thanksgiving so fun! We love ya!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Sounds like such a busy month! How do you always do it and still pull so many amazing things off? I can barely go to work and keep my house clean! I was so glad we got to see you at least for a few minutes over Thanksgiving, but luckily we'll be back soon for Christmas!

I wish we were there to be going to temple square with you guys! I feel like we miss out so much by living far away! Can't wait till the day we're closer! Love you all!

The Cox Family said...

I remember those piano recital days and how scary they were. I am not surprised that Ellie played like a pro! Seeing the lights at Temple Square is one of my favorite activities during Christmas and we haven't even gone yet. I am jealous!

[Stacia] said...

Hey Billie Jo-
I didn't get to say goodbye to you last night-I can't believe how grown up your girls are-and beautiful! It was good to see you!