Sunday, December 28, 2008

We Did It

We have successfully made it through the holiday season. It seems like it went so fast yet on the other hand we had endless celebrating. I am so blessed at this time to have a week off and the girls and I have some big plans. It seems strange to think that 2008 is just about to close. We have had a great year and I continue to marvel at how big the girls are getting. Christmas morning brought that to my attention in so many ways.









Ellie was completely excited all day on Christmas Eve. She encouraged the other two to join in the anticipation. There was so much going on and we were able to have Giselle and Noah here with us which brought its own excitement. We all joined up at my mom and dad's for the traditional Christmas Eve dinner. (Going back a few years) We always have a Christmas Eve program and each person is encouraged to participate. When I was somewhere around Ellie's age I remember singing, with the old LP (that is a record) Amy's Grants Tennessee Christmas. Not sure why I chose that song but for some reason I did. This year my girls decided to start singing a new Amy Grant song, I need a Silent Night, that I found while looking for Christmas music for the Christmas show. They each took their turn belting it out on the karaoke machine. Then they turned it into quiet the trio performance. I just couldn't believe that these were my children and they were participating in the same type of traditions that I so fondly remember. There was an empty space at the table this year without my sweet Grandmother. I still have these little flashes now and again or something that makes me well up with those stinking tears. I just remember the previous year with her all dolled up in her Christmas outfit. We miss her a lot and I am just so gad that my children were old enough to have the chance to meet her and know her. The hardest part now is watching my grandpa. He misses her so much and longs to reunite with her. I realize how grateful I am for the plan and how much I want to be with my husband and children forever. (Wow I am not sure how I got off on that path but I have now regained my composure and can move on. Sorry Mom!)







Once we got home form the Christmas Eve celebration all of the kids in their matching pjs went to bed. We all sleep out in the bonus room and so we can wake up together. Ellie however decided that 2:30 was an appropriate time to check and see if Santa had arrived. It took me the next three hours to keep her from jumping out of her skin. By 6:00 we were up brushing our teeth and ripping apart wrapping paper as fast as we could. Ellie got her own digital camera and I have officially let her take over the photography. She is doing quiet well and manages to remember to take more photos then I. I was completely surprised at with my Christmas present. It was all set up and decorated as I walked into the room. I will let you judge for yourself!



The snow decided to bring Christmas joy to us and we had trouble making the two mile trip to my parent's Christmas morning. As we took a the second path we also saw the three elk that have reappeared from last year. Ellie again capture the moment.




On Saturday we headed to the Bisel party. We are normally in Idaho for that weekend. It was great fun to participate in the Sleigh Ride, tubing, cemetery visit to Grandma and the unbelievable buffet.





Oh the memories that we have made this month. Here's to a new year of happiness and family time.

9 comments:

Jan said...

WOW. . . I want to come to our house!!! It looks like so much fun!! And, I mean, no where can even compete with elk walking in your backyard!!! Oh, and thanks for the definition of LP. I was scratching my head there for a minute!! Love ya!

Giselle Rasheta said...

I'm so happy to have shared in the craziness with you! I love you and your family so much...thank you SO much for letting us stay with you. We absolutely loved it and loved being with those 3 crazy girls. It really was a Christmas to Remember (haha-another Amy Grant Christmas song). Can't wait to see you again soon!

Sophie said...

YEAH! A new year to look forward to spending time with family! I love the picture of all the kids in thier pjs!

♥ya!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Thanks for revisiting all the wonderful memories of the past few days. You always play such an integral part in making wonderful memories for us, and I want you to know how much I love and appreciate you and all you do for me/us. I loved the girls musical number, it was so adorable!

Billie Sue said...

Well, I can't stop crying long enough to write--thank you for the beautiful recap of the last week. I just came home from my morning trek to Grandpa's and the breakfast ritual. We try so hard to be thankful and happy. It was nice just to sit down quietly up here at the computer and recall a year ago with Mom at the table in her bright red Christmas shirt, her long beautiful nails, and her hair combed perfectly. I don't know why it has to hurt so much and for so long. Andrea tells me that it will never really get any less painful. I just hope and pray that I can be as wonderful as my own Mother was. All these beautiful traditions we have, were instigated by her. I appreciate her ambition and dedication to family so much. Thank you for all your hard work and striving to make all things good for everyone--you take after her. Love you! Mom

Staci said...

That picture of the Elk is so great! It looks a little freaky like their coming out of fog. It looks like you had a great Christmas. Every time I see pictures of your girls it just makes me smile. They are so cute!

The Gunnerson Family said...

I haven't been ignoring your wonderful update, I have just been taking a break from the blog. I love the Christmas update and pictures. What a wonderful holiday season it was. Thanks for doing so much to make all of the celebrations so fun. We have loved, loved. loved spending so much time with your fun little family these last few weeks.

Kristie said...

You have such a fun, cute family, all of you McNeils! I am sad to say we aren't quite as good at keeping in close contact with Addison's family. You guys inspire me to try and be better. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest thing I've ever seen, you do alot for alot of people and you do it well. I admire you alot. I'm glad you are one of mine.
Dixie