Monday, September 15, 2008

Random Ramblings!

As I have stocked many other blogs, I have realized that I don't take enough random or spontaneous pictures. I want to have all these images of my beautiful girls just "living" life. I think I may have to invest in a better camera or do some studying to capture the perfect photos. So in an attempt to catch some moments here we go:






This is my little bed bug! She manages to sneak into my bed 5 out of the 7 days of the week. She is so snuggly that I don't care and since I try to let her sleep in while Tess and Ellie get ready for school it is much more quiet in my room. Her eyes tell so much about who she is. She can melt your heart just with one flash of those baby blues. As you can see by the clock. She managed to sleep until 8:21. This is a miracle for my children, she can sometimes pull it off. Bless her!






Our big attempt at being self reliant. Well let's just say that if we had to live of our harvest, we would starve. Not entirely all my fault. I get lots of help from the deer and the frost. We planted zucchini, squash, carrots, peas, strawberries, raspberries, and tomatoes. Then of course there are the apple trees. Those tend to be the deer favorite. I will say that we ate zucchini this and zucchini that for several weeks and devoured several zucchini cakes. I have learned a lot and will give it another shot next year. (It would help if I built a ten foot fence and invested in green house.)


Noah tagged all the guys in the family and so far none of them have answered. Mom did a great job filling in dad's information. I however will fill you in on one little "quirk" about Tim. He LOVES and I emphasis L-O-V-E-S to clean. I try and try every day to have the house clean but there is always something that he can one up me on. The latest being steam cleaning. He found this gadget from someone who comes in to clean their office. He was bound and determined to steam clean our shower and anything else he could get a hold of. He just kept going and going (energizer bunny). I love this "quirk" he has but someday I would like to feel like I am not the worst house keeper in America. (I know, I know, Olivia and Robbin you don't have to tell me you would take it any day.) One other little quirk. Tim spends A LOT of time primping. He once was a hair model FOR REAL and I think he picked up some habits of spending time in front of the mirror.


So here is my best effort at casual photography. I love to watch these two walk to the bus in the morning. I often wonder what they talk about or say to each other. When they were younger, (ok two years ago) I would try to dress them the same. Now they try to plan out what they wear the night before and there are some outfits they have that match. Then they want me to do their hair the same. The are both getting way to big and it was really evident this weekend with Evan around.


Yeah Evan came to see us. We LOVE to have house guest. I feel like Evan is really a special little nephew since I was the first one there after his birth. I got to go into the special NICU and hold him. Boy has he come a long way from that little isolete. We are excited that we will be spending a lot more time with this little guy in the near future.

Well duty calls. Someone needs me to clean up their mess!

11 comments:

Noah Rasheta said...

First comment!Haha(real, not complimentary) Haha (OK, the second one was complimentary by habit)!

I think this is the first time I've accomplished that.
As for my comment:
Thanks for posting a few quirks for Tim, those are good ones. I especially like the primping quirk.
Your pictures are great, I like the whole candid photograph idea, you'll get some amazing pictures by keeping the camera handy and just snapping away. I'm on the computer right now looking for cheap tickets so we can come up for conference weekend. Wish me luck! we miss and love you all!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I agree that you should do more random updates and pictures and not wait till something special rolls around. We love seeing pictures of those adorable girls! Evan does look like he's getting big! He's so cute, and of course so is Eli. They will have so much fun together!(with Jack at the helm, of course!) I love those girls and love that they want to dress the same and do their hair the same.

Giselle Rasheta said...

I love that Ellie and Tess WANT to dress the same and have the same hair. That's so much easier than them fighting you and you wanting to do it... What awesome snapshots! I love the ones of the girls walking out the door! And oh my gosh Mia's face when she's holding Eli is so hilarious. I cannot wait to see everyone and see that Evan boy again! He is so cute! I haven't seen pics of him in a long time and he is getting big. Thanks for doing Tim's quirks, and for the updates on the girls. I will always appreciate any updates of anything they are doing...even if it's sleeping in and walking to school and picking carrots...

PS I am totally craving zucchini spaghetti and zucchini cake and zucchini and hamburger bake and everything else zucchini. Will you have any left when I get there?

The Gunnerson Family said...

Fun times, fun times. I love the matching clothes and hair. I will always remember matching you (same clothes, different colors) and thinking I was so cool to be like my big sister. I know you felt like your garden was a little lackluster, but it faired much better than mine did! When you can no longer take Tim's obsessive cleaning, please send him my way. Thanks for the pictures of the baby boys, I didn't take one the whole weekend. They are so close in size, I think they are almost exactly the same. Oh what fun their future holds.

Billie Sue said...

What a beautiful life! You always have so much to be stressed about, but when you sit down and take an introspective look at your life - it is just about as beautiful as it can get. Those girls are #1 beautiful -- each one of them, and it is especially beautiful that they WANT to be together and dress alike. Those two boys are darling and they are so nearly the same size, it would be difficult to decide who is bigger - but why? They are both so darned cute! And, you have a wonderful husband - hair and all!

The Cox Family said...

I think that you always have cute, fun pictures. It doesn't really matter what kind of pictures you take of the girls because they always look so dang cute! You seriously have the most beautiful girls. I sure wish Curtis was a little bit like Tim so I didn't have to waste all of my energy asking/begging him to clean the house! Maybe I will just hire Tim to come steam clean my house!

McNeil Family said...

What can I say we love the Butikofer Family. Every single one! We love seeing those adorable little girls every chance we get and we love staying at your house when we come up... We like to give Tim something to clean up. Evan just gets spoiled right up. Keep these random posts coming!

Jan said...

I love the update. And I love that you posted it at 7:36 in the morning. Way to go!!! And as for Tim's quirks go. . . it takes a lot of time to be that beautiful, so give him a break! :) I miss you guys!! Love ya!

Team Bryan said...

Okay, about the primping thing...we Butikofers have never been known for our good looks (okay maybe except for Tim and I) so it does take a little more than McNeil style primping of simply waking up, okay?

Does Tim still have the finger popping quirk? That is one that sticks out to me. That, and the Oreos in the glass of milk thing. That one is classic Tim.

I love seeing your kids. You are a great mother to think so much of them that the very position they sleep is beautiful to you. It is beautiful to us too. Thanks for sharing them with us. We get so few oppotunities to watch them from here. You are our link to them. Thank you!! Really, thank you!!

We Love You ALL SOOOO MUCH!!

Kati said...

I think most women would DIE to have a husband that cleans too much. I would settle for my husband just putting his dirty clothes in the hamper!

I love real life pictures. I think you are doing a great job.

Pays said...

I love random pictures! I obviously take alot of them... To answer your question, Lakeshore is West of Payson/Spanish Fork. We have sold pumpkins for this guy for the last 3 years. We sell them in the front yard off of an old wooden trailer. Duncan loves to go pick them. It is fun, for the amount of work we put into it, which is not much...