Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More firsts and Sisterly Love (Finally)




I knew the day was coming. In some regards I was looking forward to it and then there is the reality. Tess was so excited to start school the last week had just about killed her to walk up to the bus everyday and watch Ellie leave. She had laid out her clothes, which she chose by herself, and got up and was dressed before I even went to her room. The excitement was just to much for her to sleep.



The morning was wonderful as she anxiously prepared for the day. She is such a positive little girl with the sweetest personality. I had been telling her for days that I changed my mind and wanted to hold her back a year (she just turned 5 at the begining of the month) but I realized that would only be holding back her dreams. I want my children to live life to the fullest and do and try whatever they want. Although my heart broke 1,000 times when she got on that bus knowing how quickly they are growing up and they aren't the little babies that I hold on my lap and one day they will leave my arms for good. AHHHH!







Another good thing has come about with Tess going to school. I see Ellie try to help her and they have such a precious friendship. They talk about sitting together on the bus and Tess tells Ellie not to run to fast on their way to the bus stop. They put necklaces on each other in the morning and Tess just follows Ellie's every step until they are ready to leave. Which brings me to my next phase...Mia. She has been rather sick the last few days but when I told her I was going up to get Tess off the bus, she jumped up and put on her shoes, rode her bike as fast as she could and sat and waited to see her sister get off the bus.

Their little embrace was so touching. I hope my girls will remain as close as friends as my sisters and I have. I can't imagine a world without sisters!!!

10 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Oh Tess, you are not big and bold enough to go to school! I am sure that she is going to love school, and her teacher will love her. I do hope that she doesn't ever have to go to the the bathroom! I will keep my fingers crossed for her. Yes, your girls are growing up and they are growing into beautiful and wonderful young women.

Robbin said...

I thought you handled her first day really well. Maybe because you didn't slow down enough to let it process. I have to admit I had a knot in my throat watching all the little kindergarteners get on the bus for the first time. Thank goodness I have another year till I have to deal with that again.

Billie Sue said...

Oh my heavens - way to break my heart and make me cry! You just wait until she gets in the car to drive away to college! That is the most touching little blog I have ever seen! Of course, Tess, is my favorite little Tess and I agree - very sensitive! The last picture is wonderful and should have a very large copy made to hang on their wall! Thank you for a wonderful post and for even more wonderful little granddaughters!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Okay, everytime I think there's no way I could possibly love your daughters more, you go and do something like this! How am I supposed to live without seeing these girls? I cannot believe how big Tess looks in the pictures...Noah is DYING. He hasn't seen her in ages and is seriously already freaking out about her growing up and dating because she is just so grown up and cute! I wonder how I can somehow build a teleport to travel back and forth to Kamas. That way, I can teach all my classes, see you and my girls, and spend time with my family. I love and miss you all too much, and doing blogs like this is not fair to me:( I love you! Keep the blogs coming even though they make me sad...it's all I have of my little ones!

Jan said...

Where does the time go? Tess looks so grown up. It is sad. I miss you guys!!
Jan

Laura said...

How exciting for Tess! She looks like she is very ready for this next step. Such a cutie!

McNeil Family said...

Since I shouldnt be looking at blogs at work it is even worse that I am now crying. I can't believe sweet little Tess is in school. I love this blog! I'm so glad your little girls are so close. You better get busy with number four so that little girl can still be BFF with her big sisters. Because seriously, with a blog like this one, how can you be done?

Kristie said...

I can't believe she is such a big girl. I seriously thought that was a picture of Ellie at first. Do you love having some Mia time? I can't handle these babies growing up.

McNeil Family said...

My sweetest little Tess girl. I too am somewhat baffled at how she can be old enough to go to school. I have changed my mind and I don't want you to have any more kids because what if you have used up all of the gorgeous on these three?

Chelsea Johnson said...

Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters.....

You can totally see in her eyes how excited she is to be going to school! I can hardly believe she's really old enough, but I guess its time to let her do it! I'm happy the girls are so close....thats the sweetest little story of Mia. I love these girls so much!