Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back on Schedule

Ellie and Gracie waiting for the bus

I have been trying to get us all, mostly myself, on schedule for the last week. It really isn't hard for my kids to get up early (they do it EVERYDAY) but the schedule part it what I was working on. Since school is starting twenty minutes later this year I figure we could us the extra twenty minutes in the morning for reading and practicing the piano. I love being on a schedule, it really makes life easier for me. I think that I have been on a schedule for so long that it is awkward for me to not be on schedule which is why my summer was sooooo crazy. NO SCHEDULE!!!! My next goal is to get on a better sleep and exercise schedule however until the Olympics end there is no chance of that. Ellie was so excited for school to start she got dressed in 45 seconds. A record for her, I usually go get in the shower and she still is not dressed when I get out. We read, curled her hair, ate breakfast and tried to fix her pants. Tess got up and joined the activities but she actually won't start till next week. I really am so excited for this year I can hardly stand it. I will have four hours in the week for myself. I plan on "scheduling" so scrap booking time.
Last year we missed the bus on the first day, NOT this year!


I just had to post the FREAK hail/flash flood storm we had 9 days ago. The hail blocked all of the down spouts from the rain gutter and the pipe going up to the gutter looked like a sprinkler with water squirting out. It only lasted for about 5 minutes but it came down hard. The strange thing was we went down to have lunch with the Gunnersons ten minutes after and there was not one drop of moisture on the ground!





Lastly I have to give props to Tim and Rick. They participated in a two week triathlon at the Rec. Center. I can't remember all the details of how many miles they had to run, bike, and swim. I documented the last day of their swimming for family history. However since the Olympics began they think that Michael Phelps and Jason Lezack have channeled some of their swimming power. Maybe we will see the two of them in the 2012 London Games!

12 comments:

Jan said...

WOW. . .so much going on there in Kamas, UT. My kids don't start school until Friday and they are excited!!I love seeing what you guys are up too and wish we could see you (in person) more often! We love ya!
Jan

Chelsea Johnson said...

I knew if I was patient enough, the update would come! I'm glad the first morning went smoothly and you can be back on a "schedule!"

We loved seeing you all last week!

McNeil Family said...

Oh, schedule schmedule. Why don't you do it like the McNeil household... we just fly by the seat of our pants all the time. Evan loves that we sleep the first half of the night in the front room on the couch and then wake up and move the second half to our family bedroom. He loves not being on a schedule so much that he eats and sleeps whenever he wants just to be like his mom and dad. Oye.

Secondly: OH NO! OUR LITTLE ELLIE IS SO OLD! Please don't let her grow up that fast. If she will let you give her a big new school year kiss from Aunt Patrice.

McNeil Family said...

Oh, schedule schmedule. Why don't you do it like the McNeil household... we just fly by the seat of our pants all the time. Evan loves that we sleep the first half of the night in the front room on the couch and then wake up and move the second half to our family bedroom. He loves not being on a schedule so much that he eats and sleeps whenever he wants just to be like his mom and dad. Oye.

Secondly: OH NO! OUR LITTLE ELLIE IS SO OLD! Please don't let her grow up that fast. If she will let you give her a big new school year kiss from Aunt Patrice.

Robbin said...

Well I'm glad you got pictures this morning because besides the one of Gracie getting on the bus, in my rush with 6 kids I totally spaced taking pictures of the 1st day. I had to settle for getting some as she came home instead and she had already taken out her hairdo by the time she made it from the bus stop to the house. If you got any others e-mail me K! I hope we can fit walking into your new schedule and mine now once we get a routine down. Just not on tuesday daycare days anyway (unless you have a quadruple stroller anyway!).

The Cox Family said...

Ellie looks so cute and excited for her first day of school. I hope that she had a great day! I agree with the whole schedule thing. It seems that life is much less stressful if there is some sort of order to it!

Team Bryan said...

Don't let anyone give you a hard time about the schedule. I get so much more done when I know what has to happen in one day. I like being busy and scheduling in some reading or some napping ( I should be scrapbooking, but I am sooooo far behind. Ellie looks so grown up!! Congrats on school. Kendal starts his very first day Thursday!! Hope we don't miss the bus for him!! Love Ya!!

Staci said...

First of all, Ellie looks so grown up in those pictures. She looks adorable, next when did that freaking hail storm hit? We must have been in Bear Lake... I love storms like that, it reminds me of the big Ice storms we got in Oregon.

Giselle Rasheta said...

Yay! I love the update...first of all, that trampoline picture up close of the hail is amazing. Secondly, Ellie DOES look big in those pictures. Until you realize she has a big roll on her pants and realize she's tinier than most of her grade, haha. I love those girls and I'm excited for you guys to be getting on a schedule.

Oh, give my props to Tim and Rick. That really is awesome!

Billie Sue said...

My oldest grandchild IS getting big and mature! She is always so aware of people's feelings and making sure she gives everyone a hug! I just can't believe my baby Tess girl is going to go to school. I love my Mia and am glad she will have a tiny bit of time alone with you. You will love it! I love all those girls! Good post and kudos to Rick and Tim! By the way, Patrice, love your response -- I was laughing so hard!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Yahoo for school and schedules! How great that both Ellie and Tess will be in school this year. Time alone with younger children is precious, and time alone is amazing. Ellie is so big. I can't believe she is in 3rd grade. I remember being in 3rd grade and thinking I was SO OLD! Luke got to talk to her in the cafeteria yesterday and he thought that was great. Yeah for Tim and Rick. They did a lot of work to get that triathalon done.

Kristie said...

I can't believe these two girls are starting another year of school! By the way, it's a deal on the trade. Your eight year old probably doesn't hit you in the face like my two year old, or maybe she does...