Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Birthday Bash



Monica emerges again...I can say that the birthday bash went off without a hitch. I was lamenting the night before that I want to get a hold of someone with a pony so we could do pony rides and also considered calling the dentist office to see if they could hook me up with one of the assistance that makes balloon characters for my kids. (After all the dental assistants are like family to Tess, as in we see them as much as we see our extended family!) But Tim put the ky-bosh on it! In fact his exact words were "Did you have ponies, balloon characters, and face painting at your third birthday?" Of course I flashed him a pleasant look with one eyebrow up. He then replied "And you still lived?" I guess I just dream about things a little too much lately. However, he did pull out the miracle card and finish up the playground area. (We are still in debate over what else to put in our play area: I bet you can't guess who wants what!)



We were grateful that the weather held out for us. I think the highlight was the hoppyball races. See my girls LIVE on theirs. I think at times they have forgotten how to walk. But to see the rest of the guest have a turn cracked us all up. I just want to say if you look at the picture of Tess, her toes are perfectly pointed! A TRUE dancer.

Mia had the time of her life and she as not stopped telling me how "big" she is now. Yes, I think she may have successful advance out of the 18-24 month clothes. Regardless of the absence of ponies many thanks to those who made it to the party and those who called to wish our precious a "Happy Birthday!"
BTW Robbin, you better start practicing the balloon characters for next year now I know!

10 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

We are so sorry that we missed it! It looks like it was the birthday party of the century! Mia is such a big, cute girl and we can't wait to see you guys again sometime!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Thanks for the great day. It was such a wonderful day to sit outside, eat, visit, and let the kids play! Everything turned out great (like it wouldn't) and Mia is lucky to have a mom who can do so much.

The Cox Family said...

What fun! I am glad that it all went well and Mia had a wonderful day. Tim sounds just like Curtis, always squashing my best laid plans!!!
Your children look like pros on those hoppyballs and the one of Tess is perfect! You have taught them well!

McNeil Family said...

Ok, is anyone with me here that the hoppy balls look somewhat dangerous? Where are the helmets? All sorts of accidents are running through my mind when I look at that picture of Tess. YIKES! The party looked wonderful, even without the pony rides, but how could it not with Wonder Woman planning the party? We wish we could have been there! Kiss those little girls for us.

Robbin said...

Um, lets keep the kiddie parties to a minimum. No circus tents or magicians for crying out loud. It's already hard enough keeping up with the Butikofers. If you guys have too much fun my kids will expect the same! We all sure had fun. Thanks for letting us come to the party and for being awesome neighbors!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh man, I'm so sad I missed it... you know Mia is my baby!!! I can't believe she's three already. She still seems so tiny. Except her voice and talking... it's like having an adult conversation with a tiny little person. She's such a doll. Happy Birthday Mia!

Chris and Michelle said...

Hi Tim and Billie Joe!
We found your blog! Your girls are beautiful! We hope all is well!
Chris and Michelle Woolstenhulme

Giselle Rasheta said...

I DEMAND an update!!! I'm dying without news of my girls!

Brian and Mikael said...

Hey guys! i found your blog through giselle's bloggie. what cute pics and looks like mia had an awesome birthday party. Hope everything is going well!

Billie Sue said...

Hey -- if you're going to claim "Monica" fame, you must be better at playing the "Monica" game! NEW POST, NEW POST, NEW POST!!!!