Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Enjoying the Outdoors



Well since it has been twenty days since my last update I thought I might post. I have been working outdoors in my yard since it finally decided to be warm. I was trying to do as much as I could before I started my 2 weeks of dance camp. I love to work in my yard and was very frustrated by the lack of spring weather that would accommodate my desire to work outdoors. I tried really hard to spend time updating my flower beds and preparing my garden. The garden thing was a bust in the beginning due to several frosty nights and many snow storms. We lost all of our pumpkins and thought I had lost my squash. I could never get the tomatoes in the ground because I was waiting for the heat. But when I returned home from the Butikofer Family Reunion my cucumbers, carrots, and zucchini were peaking up out of the ground. I had ONE ripe strawberry on Monday and I can see peas are coming along nicely. Yes, this is the update that you get because this is all I have done for two weeks. I also loaded up the girls in the old stock truck and went and got a bale of mulch. When I say bale I mean BALE. I will have enough mulch to cover all my projects plus Robbin's!




We did have a great time at Butikofer reunion although I left my camera in Kamas so I have stolen some picture from my fabulous sister-in-laws. They too have three kids each and have managed to post from last weekend so I pretty much feel like a slacker! The kids had the time of their lives. This year due to MANY factors we camped at Matt and Sondi's. Much better plumbing that way. I think even my sister Olivia could handle camping like that. Tim slept out of the trampoline with the girls and I opted for a bed inside.

We took an amazing four-wheeler trip up past Ashton, Idaho. It apparently was an old railroad line that ran up to Yellowstone. Since it had been a wet winter in Idaho as well there were wildflowers everywhere and the smell of pine trees along the trail was so strong. I loved every minute of it until the mosquitos started eating my flesh as I stopped off for a nap with Tess and Mia. What more can I say than we ate A LOT of food and had A LOT of fun. Although as far as late night camp fire chatting goes- you have to be an in-law to catch anything. As evidence with the picture. Butikofer's do not do LATE nights. This would explain why they get up at the crack of dawn.


Needless to say I am glad summer has arrived and can't wait to spend more time with both families in the next few weeks!

11 comments:

grandpa smiffleberry said...

Post a comment on my blog if you have a complaint,a question,or just simply would like to buy some freash Smiffleberry farmhouse cookies.thank you.


with love,
your grandpa Smiffleberry.

Laura said...

Your yard and garden looked good when I saw them, I bet this warmer weather has sure helped! Keep up all the hard work because it looks good!

Billie Sue said...

Families are forever and that's why it's so important to know and love them here on this earth. Good work - Butikofers! Looks like fun and THANK YOU for updating! My girls are "BEAUTI"ful!!!

Robbin said...

Of course your yard looks mahvelous! Especially next to mine with all your pretty flowers and plants! Looks like you had a good weekend and I really was jealous. While you were gone we moved rocks, moved rocks, and moved more rocks! We sure know how to have a good time.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Its about time!!!! Glad you are finally able to get out and garden!!!! It looks wonderful, by the way. The reunion sounds like it was definitely a blast!

Jan said...

It was a blast huh!! We loved seeing you guys and miss you so much. I hope we can come visit you before the summer is over!!!
Jan

Giselle Rasheta said...

Yay for an update! I'm glad everything is starting to come up in your garden, whch is so so beautiful...you can really see that hard work you put in. Thanks for letting me crash at your house semi-permanently. I love you and your family and I'm glad you had a good time, but mostly I'm glad you're back!

Team Bryan said...

Hey!! The next time you post, we who have not seen the garden would love to see the garden you have worked so hard on and nurtured so well. We have NOTHING in ours, but our morning glory is loving the space to stretch out!! Thanks for the great time at the Butikofer Reunion!! You are the best fireside storyteller ever!! I laughed myself silly!! We love you!!

McNeil Family said...

I'm sorry that I became so distraught at the thought of a possible stranger stalking your blog and your sweet babies that I immediately put the computer down and called you instead of posting a comment... I was then probably distracted by the thing I do ALL day long - feed my child. Ok, now to my comment:

I LOVE those little girls! They are georgeous and we can't wait to see them (and kiss them) in person. It looks like the family reunion was a success, and we are so glad you were able to go and have lots of fun. We are counting down the minutes until we get to see all of you in our favorite place at our favorite time of year. Of course Evan has been missing his Aunt Billie Jo terribly, so we will see you soon!

The Cox Family said...

I am so happy to see an update! We will have to stop by over the holidays to visit and see your yard. You guys have spent so much time on it and I can't wait to see it! Your reunion sounded great and I could only imagine how pretty your four wheeler ride was. That is one of my most favorite things to do!

The Gunnerson Family said...

I thought that I left a comment here already, where did it go? Anyway, summer is great! I love being able to be outside and let the kids go out and play, play, play. You have such a nice yard and it really shows that you have taken a lot of time in it. I am sorry that Noah has done some "helping" too. Looks like you had a good time at the Butikofer reunion. Matt and Tim sure know how to PARTY.