Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spring has Sprung



Well I thought Spring had sprung but today we are back to the snow on the lawn. Despite the weather we have done several things that indicate spring is here.


#1: Yard work: Between the weeding and the spreading of the sand or the hauling of the rocks, our wheelbarrow has been in overdrive. It is hard to keep up with Robbin. (She has been out in full force) However the girls managed to have some fun. I couldn't help but grab my camera and snap away. I think that they get into the playing more than the working end of all the projects. But they are kids and that is what they should be doing.




#2: Field Trips: I had the opportunity to go with Ellie to Thanksgiving Point on the second grade field trip. I had not seen the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point and it was really spectacular. They have amazing models of things and we had a lot of fun taking pictures. The highlight of the trip was the 3D movie. We watched sea monsters and it was quite intense.



div>

#3: Four Wheeling Rondevu: Both Butikofer families meet over the weekend and scoped out a camping spot for the upcoming Butikofer reunion. Despite the slow start and Sophie getting pulled over by the Fish and Game Warden, we had a fantastic time. This was the first time that we let Ellie ride her four-wheeler out on a "big" ride. I just have to say at this point she is much more her father's child than mine. I remember hot-roding on the three wheeler and, as Allen can verify, being a little too reckless on the four-wheeler. We spent a lot of time coaxing her to hit 10 mph. In all actuality I am glad she is so cautious. Tess got a short turn at driving with Kaylee's assistance and Mia was much more content to play in the mud and water with Kaleb. Thanks to the Butikofer's for inspiring the retreat. On the way home Tim also found his ultimate "home." It was a little to far away from civilization for me but since I am married to Charles Engles I could see the potential.







All in all I see the light at the end of the tunnel with the weather. Although if you have been watching the news, Woodland in about to float away; maybe I will have an exciting update.

10 comments:

Robbin said...

Oh please. I just have to catch up with you. Besides I knew I had to get something done before Francis turned back into the North Pole!!! At least with the snow we can't see all the weeds and dandelions and this way we can look forward to spring twice.:)

Chelsea Johnson said...

It was waaaaaaay past time for an update, so I'm very excited to see and hear about what's been going on up there! Looks like it is so much fun, and I really wish we were there to play outside and enjoy the cool weather! Don't float away...please!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Don't tease people with those pictures. You know if you looked out your window you would see 3 inches of snow on the ground! Oh, but those were two nice days.

The Cox Family said...

I am not sure why it is 80 degrees one day and snowing the next! I don't think that I am every going to be able to put up the winter clothes. Looks like the girls had a great time "helping" in the yard.
That picture of Ellie and her friend holding up the earth is great. What a fun field trip!

The Richards family said...

I do not know how you have the time to do yard work and go on field trips let alone blog about them. I am glad you are doing a dance camp this summer so you can actually have a summer!!! Thanks for teaching Addey, she loves to dance and I am going to miss watching her at the studio and at her recitals. You seriously put on the best shows. I hope it warms up soon so you can put the kids to work in the yard again!!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Awesome pictures! Too bad it has been poor weather up there this week. I'm excited for it to be summer in Kamas and for you to have a beautiful, warm (not melting hot) summer with the green and the beauty... I'm so jealous.

Tasia said...

I love seeing the pictures of your girls. They are so darling, and we are all hoping the snow is gone for good now!

Billie Sue said...

I love those little girls and I love their mother so or much! Words cannot tell my love for you all. Thank you for going to help Allen a Patrice and our new baby!I love you

Sophie said...

Nice pix of our trip! The next time we go biking I will ride my own dirt bike! Tell my Tesser that she is a really good 4 wheeler driver! The weather here has been rainy all week, but its spring so I guess that's what we want.
Love you guys!
Kaylee

Kristie said...

We were so happy to see the grass again up there last weekend! Your girls are so beautiful. If you ever come down to Thanksgiving Point again, call us and we should meet up. We have a yearly pass there and LOVE to visit the petting zoo and museum. Toodles.