Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Joining the Gang and Loving the SUN!

It is a well know fact that everyone who is my sister or sister-in law that has had a baby this year has had a boy. Starting with Jack in October, Luke in December, Drew in January, Baby Gunnerson to come in June and Boy named Sue in June as well. So a few weeks/months ago I decided to test my luck and see if Tim and I could cash in on everybody's good karma. I am excited to say that we will find out in October (again) if we have one more boy to add to the gang! Cross our fingers!

On to an actual update. We did head south for the weekend. There was a dance competition in St. George and it is one more way we can get a trip to St. George. We decided to leave Thursday night because the competition would take my entire day on Saturday and we wanted to spend sometime with the girls out doors. Can I just say that before this point I had been pretty patient with the snow and realize that I live in the mountains and this is just one of those "Spring-time in the Rockies." But now I am done with it!!!!!!! The snow must go or I am leaving!

Mia couldn't get enough of the park!

Ellie tried out every part of the park.

Friday we took the girls to one of the many parks in St. George. The girls just ran and played and the grins on their faces could have not been bigger. At one point Tess came over to me and said; "Mom I love St. George!" Once we got to the motel all they wanted to do is swim. Again they could not get enough of it. Their little eyes were red and Tess told me that when she looked at people her eyes were "steaming." The haze of chlorine really got to her. We had an awesome BBQ at the Johnson's and I just struggled to put my self back in the car to leave. To top it all off I went and test drove the new car that I want!!!! I will give Max and Chelsea the first call on it. Although we did not know that they wanted the same car as we did. (it seems to be a ongoing saga in our family) So we upgraded to the Buick Enclave and they can have dibs on the GMC Acadia or Arcadia (right MAX!)
When we returned home there was 7 inches of snow waiting for us in the driveway. My eyes seriously teared up.
The favorite part of the trip!

Getting to eat out at Applebee's.

The dance girls did phenomenal!!! We took six dances. Out of the six; 5 of them placed 1st, one took 2nd and of the 5 first places two received an additional trophy for overall grand champion.

To sum it all up I am not unpacking my bags because I planning on getting out of her the first chance I get! And as far as the first paragraph of this blog goes...APRIL FOOLS! What a day to update:)

17 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

So, I was on the phone to get the scoop before I even finished reading this entry....you got me. I am glad that you had such a good time in St. George, but not such a good time that you want to move there! Believe me, you would not be singing the same tune if you were there May-October! Plus, we would miss you here.

Jan said...

Oh so cruel!! I have to say I was quite excited for you!! Nice April Fool's joke though--CLASSIC!!!!
Jan

The Richards family said...

I knew it was April fools and I still fell for it... and I have to admit I thought "she will get another girl"
BUT it looked like you enjoyed your weekend with your girls in St George!!! Congrats on the Dance Teams. And I know you love your girls and I think you should go for another girl!! Your girls are beautiful and you are doing good with ones you have !!!

Team Bryan said...

Har. Har. Har. Very Funny. NOW, as one who has had quite an April Fool's joke backfire on her, I would suggest, just in case, to get a pregnancy test for, say, a month from now. These things have a way of coming back around. Good Luck with that.

Chelsea Johnson said...

You are stinkin hilarious! If I didn't know you two better, I may have actually believed you, but I have heard one too many times how you DO NOT want any more kids!

We loved having you here and would love to have you back any time, especially if it was to live here!

Anonymous said...

Looooove the joke.......good one!! I totally forgot about April Fools until my friend Cade came up to me today at my locker and offered me some 'granola' I wasn't hungry so I didn't take any good thing too it was GERBAL FOOD....EWE!

Anonymous said...

Looooove the joke.......good one!! I totally forgot about April Fools until my friend Cade came up to me today at my locker and offered me some 'granola' I wasn't hungry so I didn't take any good thing too it was GERBAL FOOD....EWE!

McNeil Family said...

I cannot believe that I too am an April's fool. Especially since I know that if the due date was in October, we would have known two months ago! Thanks again for letting us stay at your house during our trip.

The Crazy Wolf Pack said...

That was a good April fools joke. But I must say I agree with Team Bryan. I did not want an April fools baby and sure enough Kayden decided he wanted to become an April fools baby. I agree on the snow part. Enough is enough!!

The Cox Family said...

I hate April Fool's Day! I totally fell for it, and so did Curtis. He obviously didn't read your whole post because while he was on the phone with his mother last night he was telling her you were pregnant!!! Too funny! I had faith that you were going to have a boy this time too. I am glad that your trip was so nice. It really is horrible to leave such nice weather and have to come home to this stupid snow!

Robbin said...

You totally suck!! I haven't been on the computer for a few days now because of the plague at our house so April fools is long gone and it took me forever to figure it all out. Do you know how mad I was because I have talked to you three times and you never said anything. When I got to the part about the new car I figured it out but If it wouldn't have been time for dance you would have had a phone call! Nice prank!!!

Billie Sue said...

I can't believe I didn't comment when I read your blog three days a go! You really got me - but I must admit, I was quite happy and hoped that it would be a little boy for Tim! You little stinker!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi- It was fun to hear from you. Your girls are so cute. How fun to have these little dancers. Boys are fun if you do get one but you sure make cute girls. If I don't see you at Swiss Days have fun as the 'First Lady' Happy Spring Keri Harrison

Kristie said...

You actually had us too there for a minute...I just kept thinking I was sure you didn't want more kids! Your girls are adorable and I am thinking three is the magic number for us as well. It is going to take a lot of amnesia to get me to go through this again!

Mont said...

We have a little family challenge this year, to meet goals and predict events. One of the predictions is the number of Warren and Fae great-grandkids to be born or announced in 2008. My prediction was six, and so I was happy to hear that you were adding to the total. Thanks for breaking my heart.

(By the way: the other predictions were President of the U.S.; Best Picture Oscar; Project Runway winner; and World Series winner. I've already missed on three of the four (I had Giuliani, There Will Be Blood and Victorya), so I'm going to have to make sure I at least meet my goals...)

We love you, no matter how many of you there are. (Tim would be a great boy dad, though...)

Mont

tortured mormon mom said...

Hey, We just got an Acadia two weeks ago. It is great, we tried for the Enclave but it was too hard to find one with a bench seat in the middle. the Acadia is great. Gas mileage isn't much better than our Suburban though.
Mary Anne