Friday, October 10, 2008

It's October...My favorite month!

I can hardly believe that it is October. This is one if not my single favorite month. It isn't because of all the birthdays or Halloween. It means we start wearing cute sweaters, eating soup A LOT, having pumpkin this and pumpkin that and most of all we gain one hour of sleep with daylight savings!!! Let's be honest it really is because of the birthdays!




We had a great time celebrating Jack's first birthday. I would love to show you the pictures of it but I forgot to grab my camera and so far no one has posted their pictures that I can steal. Chelsea made the absolute cutest cake EVER. I pride myself of being "Monica" but move over "Martha". One of the highlights was the three legged race. Tim prides himself on NOT being competitive...this does not bout well with his overly competitive wife. Therefore I have set the stage. Chelsea and Allen held the current three legged world record for YEARS back when they were both in their athletic prime(BTW Happy Birthday today, CHELSEA). The competition was tight and due to a certain spill that Chelsea and Max took, Tim and I were able to walk away with bragging rights. Thanks for the memories family!

I will just give shout out to the rest of my October B-day Babes!

Robbin-11th Happy Birthday to the best friend and neighbors I have ever had!

Noah (baby)20th- We can't really call you baby Noah anymore. Happy Birthday big 3 year old!

Patrice 28th-I am so glad we get to share our special day together, you are just like one of my sisters! My birthday wish for you is a crib for your baby, wait that should be Evan's birthday wish. Maybe by the time he is one he will get it!

Ellie 28th- You were the best birthday present I have ever gotten. I can't believe what a beautiful young lady you are becoming!

Grandpa Butikofer 31st-We hope you have a great day! And Happy Halloween!





I just wanted to cover what we have been up to the past few weeks.










#1 Field Trip with Mia: Her "BearHig" preschool fall Teddy Bear Picnic. We went to Nobbletts. It was great to watch Mia in action and she pretty much ran up the trail. One of the other mothers commented to me, in between her child's sobbing sessions, that Mia seems so comfortable being outside and playing in the dirt and picking leaves. REALLY- this child playing in the dirt and being crazy, go figure. Which bring me to my next item.




#2 Swimming Lessons: I enrolled all the girls in swim lessons. We didn't do them over the summer and I felt pretty guilty. I put Mia in Child B class. This class is designed to "acquaint" children with the water and make them feel comfortable. I was worried that I should put her in the level one BUT Tess is in that class. Needless to say after one class the teacher told me that they should move her up a class but I still felt like Tess needed her "own" class. It is so funny to watch her. The teacher is constantly telling her to get up on the side with the other kids and she dives into the water and holds her breath as long as she can. The girls are doing great and I am so glad that we have the rec center so close.





MIA UNDER THE WATER WHILE THE REST OF THE CLASS WALKS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE POOL!



MIA AGAIN UNDER THE WATER WHILE THE REST OF THE CLASS IS STANDING WAITING FOR THEIR TURN!












#3 The new addition to our family! Three little kittens have come to live with us. Mia has wanted a kitty for such a long time and I keep putting it off and putting it off. It had gotten to the point where she asks me 15 times in a day (I truly counted). So with the help of my mom letting me know where I could get some, each girl decided they needed to have their own. Welcome Aleena (I think it really is AL), Gabriella, and Chloe! Seriously they take as much time as my own kids. They are barely 6 weeks old and still miss their mommy. Mia is in seventh heaven and I am so proud of Tess and Ellie for also holding and petting them. Tess request that I bring Gabriella up to the bus stop to greet her when she gets off the bus!





They are outside cats but we just had to bring them in to snuggle them a bit. They really miss their mom!









This maybe the only update this month here is a list of things I have to do:

Swim lessons every Saturday

Super Saturday

Have a HSM3 birthday bash for Ellie!

Dance Concert (Super Spooktacular)

Make a Halloween treat for Mia's preschool class

Halloween Party in Ellie's class , (your right Robbin I got myself back into helping the Room Mother)

Primary Program

Raise 3 kittens

Raise 3 daughters

Try to keep up with the laundry

Fix nutritious and delicious meals

Clean, Clean, Clean!!!

It may be Thanksgiving before I update!

13 comments:

The Richards family said...

I think Mia could teach her class swim lessons. She was so cute at Addey's birthday party showing all the kids how to put there faces in the water. She really does not mind it. However she still could not get my girls to do it. You should have told me you were looking for kitty's, I left 2 at my house hoping the renters want them. But I like the idea of each girl having one (we only had 2) I signed Addey and Reece up for a dance class today. We are going to miss your dance classes but thanks for introducing my girls the LOVE of dance!!! I wish we could be there for the Super Spooktacular, Addey goes around singing "pink shoelaces and points to her shoes and shakes he Booty!!! Well I will look foreward to your next post even if it is Thanksgiving!!

The Gunnerson Family said...

So that is why I haven't seen you all week, you have been BUSY! And is looks like you won't slow down anytime soon. I love October too because it ushers in all of the holidays. I love Mia's swimming. At Addey's party I was just laughing because all the other little kids (Noah excluded) were in their life jackets being very careful, but NOT Mia. She is a daredevil. She and Noah are two peas in a pod. By the end of the swimming party Cole brought me Noah and shaking his head said, "I don't know how you keep up with him!". Agreed.

Billie Jo said...

Just as an update...hours after I posted this Mia's little kitty went to live with Grandma Bisel in heaven. She always loved cats! It is such a hard thing for a 3 year old to understand.

Jan said...

Looks like lots of fun at your house!! Just know when you come for Thanksgiving, you can RELAX!!!! I can't wait to see you guys and I love ya!
Jan

Billie Sue said...

This all explains why I haven't seen you lately! October is a GREAT month -- as many of my favorite people are born in this month. How wonderful! Love you all and love the post and all the pictures!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh my gosh I am seriously crying for Mia...is she okay? I love your post, but it makes me wish I could be there more, that's for sure. I'm so glad I got to spend some time with my girls and watch them at swim lessons...because I have such a good visual of your crazy daredevil. I also LOVED watching Tess, but had to walk away and ignore her because she was only interested in watching us-watching her and not in swimming!!! You better get some pics of Ellie's b-day and at least post those. I will not accept waiting until Thanksgiving for your next post!

McNeil Family said...

Oh we love the post! Please do not wait until November to post, we can't wait that long. I am just sick about your little kittens. I hope the girls aren't too sad. PLEASE get them some more. Please please please. I love those girls so much.

Pays said...

You are hilarious!! I love reading your blog! I'm glad you got your girls some kittens- every kid needs one. You are a good mom. Good luck with the "to do list" for the month you are a busy woman!

Laura said...

Sounds like you have a busy month ahead of you! Those months full of birthdays are always fun, lots of time spent together! Hope that you are able to update before Thanksgiving because I love your posts!

Chelsea Johnson said...

October birthdays are the best! THanks for the shout out to us. We loved seeing you guys last weekend! The girls are naturals at whatever they do, so its no surprise they're such great swimmers. Sorry about the kittens! I feel so bad for the girls!

Staci said...

Wow... You guys have so many birthdays this month. How exciting to celebrate together... So they offered me your primary job and I had to decline... I think someone forgot to tell them that I was left off the musical wagon in the Winterton household... I think you have to at least be able to read music to do that job!!! It gave me a good laugh and thought it was funny!!!

Robbin said...

I'm tired just reading about it all. Thanks for the b-day present. I hate that mine is first cause then I have to top you! Well just think now that you are kitten-less you'll have so much more time on your hands!

Anonymous said...

One would think that since I live just a couple of miles away from you I could keep up with my grand daughters activities a little better, but life seems to come and go so fast that I miss so much. Thanks for blogging so I can see them grow up. I am so proud of you for all that you are and all you have accomplished. Most of all I am proud of the mother that you are to these three amazing little girls. I never thought I could love anyone more than I loved my own children. But, I think that I truly love all of my grandchildren just as much because they are an extension of you all. Thank you for giving me them.
Grandpa