Friday, October 24, 2008

Grape Nuts = Growing Up





I just had to hurry and post this funny story. I haven't done much in the line of keeping up with Mia's baby/scrapbook so I thought I should document this little occasion.




Mia likes to eat cereal EVERY morning. I offer her good warm things to eat and she just chooses to eat cereal. Not just any cereal she is very specific. She wants Rice Crispies! I buy the big bulk bag to use for Rice Crispy Treats so I never thought that this would end up being Mia's personal fav. She does like me to put one teaspoon of sugar on them however. Well moving on... She told me "Mom I am hungry." I then replied in the most loving voice "What would you like to eat my little darling?" She opens up the pantry and says, "Mom, I growed up so I need some of Dad's cereal." Referring to the grape nuts. Well knowing how they taste, I try to tell her that I am sure she won't like them. (A mother always knows.) In her attempt to reiterate to me how grown up she is, she gets the box herself. I poor the smallest amount in her bowl and add the milk. One crunchy bite later...."Mom, I'm still a little kid. Can I have my own cereal?" I just smiled and poured the grape nuts down the garbage disposal and got out the Rice Crispies!


While I am updating, I had these pictures to throw in. We didn't get to go anywhere for UEA for many reasons, so we braved the CROWDS of people at Gardner Village and then went with the Gunners to Chuck E. Cheese for Noah's pre-celebration. I stood in the face painting line for 45 minutes while the kids went to the petting zoo. Ok let's just say, the kids could go to Great-Grandpa Bisel's and pet as many animals as they did there and I could pull out the face painting kit and do the butterflies myself BUT it was the time together that counts RIGHT. The things we do for our kids. NEXT year Disneyland MARK MY WORDS!!!!











8 comments:

Noah Rasheta said...

I knew Mia had a special place in my heart! Anyone who insists on eating cereal everyday and chooses it over other options is a true cereal eater. I know just how she feels!

The Richards family said...

Oh cute little growed up Mia!! I would choose rice crispies too. That is so cute!!!

Robbin said...

I feel the same way about grape nuts too. It always sounds like a good idea till you get them in your mouth. It looks like Gardner village was a lot more fun when you went. I don't remember all that fun stuff just way too many people!

McNeil Family said...

I have some bad news for Mia, those things aren't going to taste any better when she is older. Grape Nuts...YUCK!

Chelsea Johnson said...

That story is so cute! I can just picture her little "accent", too, as she said it! Sorry Gardner Village was a bust!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Darling! That little Mia can talk her way into (or out of) anything! I feel like Grape Nuts is getting a bad rap here and I need to say that I LOVE GRAPE NUTS and I have since I was a little girl! Luke also likes Grape Nuts because I have taught him the best way to eat them. I will share my secret here so some of you haters can realize the goodness that Grape Nuts has to offer. After you pour the milk on the cereal, pop it into the microwave for about one minute (shorter or longer depending on how soft and warm you want the "nuts". Once you get them out of the microwave, simply sprinkle with a little sugar and ENJOY! Go ahead, give it a try. You know it sounds good.

Sophie said...

I love the cereal story! She is soo cute. If she askes for grape nuts again, let it sit for awhle so its softer and then sugar it up!

Love ya!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Love this story...I can picture every little voice and action on her part. If it were Tess, though, she would have said that she "growed-ed-ed" up. I like to use my "Tess" past tense whenever appropriate :)

I must veto Olivia's recommendation, though. I think she tried to help me enjoy grape nuts by making them her way, and I still thought they were yuck!

Are you ready for your b-day and Ellie belly's? Your gifts may not arrive on your birthday, because I left straight from work on friday to go to Pinetop. I'm sorry...I'm not as good as gift giver as you. Hope you can forgive. I love you all!