Monday, March 3, 2008

Thank You Chelsea

As many of you have probably noticed my blog has been under construction for over a week. I wanted my blog to look fresh and updated and I was trying a couple of things, in the mean time I lost all of my widgets and ran out of time before I had to leave for our vacation. When I was visiting Chelsea in St. George I was lamenting to her about my blog and my troubles. Being the greatest sister and perfectionist that she is she told me she could help me out. WOW! I didn't expect it to be as fantastic as it is. I love my sister so much and I was so glad that I got to spent time with her little guy last week. She said she is for hire if anyone else wants help. The pro-bono period is overhowver. So thank you so much Chelsea.

While I was on vacation last week in the wonderful 60-70 degree weather I didn't snap any shots, probably because I was in a constant state of shock. It was so nice to just walk outside and not worry about a coat or a jacket. Jack and I even went down and stuck our feet in the pool one day. I did get cold one night at the opening banquet when the air-conditioner was blowing right on me. Robbin and I shopped everyday without fighting kids. (Vacation in itself!!!) One of the best thing was Friday morning I decided to get up and go to the temple. I always have the "excuse" that I have my kids. So without them and being so close to the temple I thought no more excuses!!! First of all their were pansies and flowers coming out in the flower beds as I walked up to the temple. I had never done a session in the St. George temple, so the whole newness and awe struck effect kicked in. But most of all with no time agenda or things to worry about I felt even more at peace. I think this was just what I needed after a long cold winter. By the time we got to Las Vegas there were buds and flowers on the trees and we had to turn on the air conditioner in the truck. When we left Las Vegas on Saturday it was 75 and when we pulled into Kamas it was snowing and 29 degrees! I am ready to go back!!!

8 comments:

Robbin said...

AMEN SISTA!!! I'm ready to go back too and not just for the weather. It was too nice to just get away even for a couple days. My kids needed the break just as much as I did. I rode in the back seat of the car the whole way home and got some more scrapbooking done. I'm ready to do it again.

The Gunnerson Family said...

We were so lucky that your little vaca was timed perfectly with our move. Thanks for helping out with the moving and cleaning and driving. I love the new look of the blog. Good work Chels.

Billie Sue said...

Everyone can choose their life and your chose yours -- and it's a great one! It's only Springtime in the Rockies and soon the snow will melt and our flowers will bloom! It is nice to get away, but just think how our high mountain tops with all the snow have to feed the water to the Valleys below, sooooo we must have snow! I'm glad you had a good time--the girls had a good time with me on Friday and Saturday! Go ahead and go again and we will just spend more time together!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Thanks for the shout out! We really appreciated you watching Jack last week, he misses you already! Just think how nice Kamas will be when we are at 115 this summer!

McNeil Family said...

Even though you didn't mention that you saw us, we were still very happy to see you this weekend. It was very fun to see you and Tim and I was less scared with more people sleeping in the house... even if Tim slept with the window open, potentially killing us all... PM

Billie Sue said...

Ooh Patrice, you just make me laugh!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Patrice is seriously a crack up. I think she needs to move out of that house, or something...I don't remember the paranoia before they moved to the new house.

Jo Jo, when are we going to get a post about "I'm Stinkin Cute?"...I'm waiting for that one!

Anonymous said...

Sophie here and Im wondering when you will update!!!I would like to know whats going on in your family!!!Lots of love!!!

Sophie B.