Monday, August 8, 2011

Great to be 8!






The statement holds true... It really is great to be 8! My precious Tess Abigail Butikofer was baptized this past Saturday. She had been anticipating this day for quite some time. July seemed to come and go in a complete flash and before I knew it she was turning eight and getting baptized all in the same week. Since Tess is quiet by nature, she normally doesn't get overly excited about things BUT she had the countdown going from the time we got back from Bear Lake and was completely going crazy by the time Friday got here and her "Grandma by the Temple" and Idaho cousins and Aunt showed up.






It was such a wonderful experience to see her all in white with her glowing skin and charming smile. There were two other kids from our ward who were getting baptized as well. When we went back to the font and Brother Spencer told the order which they would go, Tess was the first. Her little hands started to tremble and she told me she needed to use the bathroom. Once we got that over with a she proceeded through the doors into the font, a peaceful calm took over as her daddy reached for her hand. Once she came out of the water, the smile on her face spoke volumes about what she was feeling. With so many loving Uncles, her Grandpa Earl, Brother Spencer, and Tim placing their hands on her head to give her the gift of the Holy Ghost my heart was pounding out of my chest knowing how lucky she is to have that much love and priesthood support.


There are times in your life that you can reflect on and see the "bigger" picture. I know this was one of those days; surrounded by family... witnessing the beginning of a young and beautiful girl's future!











7 comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

I am SO happy I was able to make it for Tess' special day! We are so proud of her for making this choice to be baptized and become a member of the church. We love her and your family so much and are so happy to have you all!

Robbin said...

Sounds like a such a wonderful day! I'm so sorry we missed it but we ended up shearing 6 lambs that morning! I have really noticed a change in Tess lately. She's getting so big and starting to look a so grown up! Sometimes she'll even talk to me! She must be growing up! I'm glad her big day turned out so nice. A cute girl like that definitely deserves it! Congrats Tess!

The Gunnerson Family said...

It really was such a great day. Tess is so special, and her spirit really showed through on her special day. I am so happy we were able to part of it. Congratulations, Tess. We love you.

Billie Sue said...

I am so proud of Tess for making such a great decision. I could see she was a little, tiny bit concerned when she walked in to the water, but as soon as her Dad took her by the hand, she confidently walked forward. She was beautiful, as always, and it was a tender, beautiful day -- just like she is! We are so happy to be able to be a part of these special times!

Giselle Rasheta said...

I'm guessing that first comment from "me" was actually Chelsea on my computer!

So proud of my sweet Tess girl. She knows what is right and she was ready for baptism! It was certainly a special day...thank you for letting all of us be a part of it.

Aimee and Cole said...

That is so special. I am sorry we missed it. It was so nice getting to know you and your family a little better. Can't wait for the next family get together

SelmaGG said...

http://malymodyswiat.blogspot.com/