Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Seven Years of Joy









Today my middle child turned 7! I can hardly believe that in those seven years so much joy has been given to me just by being this child's mother. It actually took Tim a while to talk me into having another child after Ellie. I was busy with my career, he was busy working and going to school, and we had a beautiful little girl. Seemed like our life was complete. Ellie had her fourth birthday and I decided it maybe was time to get going.







The entire nine months I was pregnant with Tess I had to be on medication to prevent me from throwing up all the time. It also was the hottest summer on the record books and we had NO air conditioning. Needless to say, I could not wait for this little child to get here. It was a very peaceful Sunday morning when I went to the hospital to have her. As usual, the ENTIRE room was full of people waiting for the arrival. (See how much fun it is not to know if you are having a boy or a girl, everyone comes to the hospital to find out!) The doctor even joked about setting up some stadium seating for the many spectators. From the start everything was easy with Tess. I think I pushed twice, about as hard as blowing up a ballon and out she came. A teeny, tiny, hairy little girl. She had so much black hair we could put a barrette in from the start. Even though Tess started out at 6 lbs 4 oz. she chubbed right up and put the gerber baby to shame. She always had the biggest cheeks and a soft little smile. Tess is very shy but stubborn. She decided when she was ready to be potty trained, she decided when she would talk, and she decided that it was fine to be a big sister at 21 months old!







I don't think I need to recount the day we went in for her kindergarten test and she kicked me out of the evaulation. Just proving to me that she can do everything by herself. She started reading early, she started playing the piano at 5, and picked up the violin at 6. Her music teachers tell me she is gifted with a great ear. (Of course look at her "superior genetics".) Tess also was the star speller in her class this year and completely won her teachers heart. It was a very teary day when she left first grade.









Tess is also a wonderful caring sister. She loves Mia and Ellie and can spend all day playing with them. What a joy she had been for these seven years. I am so lucky to be the mother of this child of God. Happy Birthday Tess- my cup of Joy!


6 comments:

Billie Sue said...

Yeah! First to agree with everything you said and add my, "Amen!" to the fact that Tess is an absolute sweetheart! I remember so well the day SHE decided she would walk -- I was taking video footage of her and Ellie playing and through the lens, she just took off and came walking to me! I am sure I still have that video stored someone! Tess is beautiful, she is sweet, she is helpful, she is soft, smart and talented (to name a few). I love her so much and am so glad I am her Grandma! Happy Birthday - Tess!

Team Bryan said...

Happy Birthday, Tess!! You are such a beauty inside and out!! We are so glad you are in our family!! Cameron still has a serious crush on you, and is still willing to pay for your college!! We love you so much!! Hope you have a terrific day!! You deserve it!!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Tess girl! We love you so much and completely agree with all the wonderful words spoken about you. You are such a big helper! You always help with the babies, whether its getting diapers,snapping onesies..always so helpful. We love you and love the beautiful girl you're turning into!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Happy Birthday to one of the most beautiful, detailed, smart, helpful girls in the whole world! I absolutely love Tess and I don't know what we would do without her. I'm so happy to be back so that I can continue to watch her grow and excel with her many many talents. I just LOVE Tess!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Gosh, there are no more words I can think of that haven't already been used to describe Tess. She is truly what everyone says. WONDERFUL. We love being here and seeing her grow, and having our boys love to play with those girls. Thanks Tess for being such an amazing girl.

McNeil Family said...

Tess truly is a ridiculously beautiful, talented niece. Happy Birthday Tess girl!